• Show
Clear All

• ASUS P8P67 Deluxe and F3-12800CL7Q-8GBXM

Hello G.Skill Pros!

I have recently upgraded my old Computer to the following Configuration
    • ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
    • Intel i7-2600
    • 8GB 4*2GB G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3-1600 DIMM CL7 Quad Kit F3-12800CL7Q-8GBXM

I have upgraded the EFI BIOS to the latest Version 1503.

The Power Supply is an Enermax Coolergiant 600 Watt ATX 12V Ver. 2.0 EG701AX-VH(W) with only one 4 Pin 12EATX plug and not one 8 Pin 12EATX plug from my previous computer.

My Problem is, that my computer won't boot after loading the XMP with all four DIMMS.

Neither can I adjust the RAM timings to 7-8-7-24 @ 1,6 or 7-8-7-24 @ 1,65 manually when using all four DIMMS.

The computer will then reboot multiple times, and eventually hang with either the VGA-LED or Memory LED glowing permanently.

With either combination of only two DIMMS, my Computer will successfully boot after loading the XMP or manually adjusting the RAM timings.

I have verified this using CPU-Z and AIDA64 Extreme Edition.

I have also resetted my CMOS multiple times. Without success.

Thanks for your Advice

Do you have the CR at 2 (either 2T or 2N, whichever designator it uses)..., could you post your voltage settings, also, any possibility of trying a different PSU? Depending on GPU and other components, may be lagging in power

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes, I also explicitly set CT to 2.

My GPU is the EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti Superclocked.

The CPU Core Current is set to auto.

AIDA64 shows 0,880 to 0,9 with low usage.

With 100% Usage the Current goes up to 1,11 V

The CPU PLL is at 1.800.

I have no possibility to try a different PSU other than purchasing another one.

Comment

Post some screen shots, shouldn't have any issues.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Now I have just entered all information as displayed under SPD Information in BIOS under tools manually to the AI Tweaker DRAM settings.

I manually set tCL, tRCD, tRP, tRAS, tCR, tRFC, tRRD, tWR, tWTR, tRTP, tFAW and tCWL to the values as shown in the XMP Profile.

Only tRC is not available for manual adjustment in my BIOS.

Also I have disabled Speedstep.

I set the DRAM Current to 1.6 and CPU Current without Speedstep was about 1.25V

I Stepwise lowered tCL and tRP. The lowest working configuration @ 1600 mhz and 1.6 V DRAM and CPU vCore @ 1.25 (without Speedstep) is 8-8-8-2

While all other Values are exactly set as shown on the SPD Information in BIOS.

What can I do to make my System work with 7-8-7-2 @ 1600 @ 1.6 V ?

Comment

May be a bad kit. Try 1.65V to see if that works. If not, send it in for RMA and try a new kit.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ok, thank you very much for your advice!

I will ask a good friend to give me his PSU for a few hours and try with another Power Supply that has a 8 pin 12V EATX plug.

Unfortunately, otherwise I will get a refund, because I need my pc professionally and I really can't wait a week for my RAM to return.

I will keep you informed!

Best Wishes from Germany.

PS: Computer just crashed while doing SiSoft Sandra 2011 SP1.x CPU MultiMedia Benchmark using 8-8-8-2 @ 1600 Mhz @ 1,6 V
              Last edited by l337neo; 04-27-2011, 02:19 PM.

Comment

I don't believe that the problem is caused by your RAM.

Either two of the DIMMS work perfectly and stand benchmarks with 7-8-7-2 @ 1600 @ 1.6 V

I will ask ASUS if they can support me in this matter.

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hello guys!

Just got myself a new power supply. Unfortnuately, the problem is not solved.

ASUS stated that it might be a defective CPU because the Memory controller is in the CPU.

Also, it might be the Motherboard.

Thanks for your help, I will just live with it.

Best Wishes From Germany!

Comment

When I load the XMP settings, Q Code states either Error Code d0 for "cpu initialization error" or error code OE for "microcode not found"

Does this help?

EDIT:

the weird thing is, when running 9992 @ 1600 @ 1,5 prime95 will crunch numbers as expected!

EDIT 2:

even weirder is, when running the ram @ 1,5 V or 1,6 V the computer crashes after about half an hour when listening music and working in mind manager.

The only stable setting is 9992 @ 1600 @ 1,65 !
                      Last edited by l337neo; 05-09-2011, 09:14 PM. Reason: forget to mention sth

Comment

Double check CPU installation, make sure everything is perfect. You will need to look very very closely, best with a magnifying glass.

Also, did you reset BIOS with the button or pins on the motherboard yet?

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Don't bother trying to troubleshoot your problem; I just switched over to an ASUS board (Evo, from the GD65) and am having the same exact problem.

It took MSI a month to get out a BIOS to support the CAS7 set, yet the ASUS board were on the QVL. Turns out they're apparently not compatible.

Going to yell at ASUS. Not just for this, but because the board uses 20W more than the MSI one it replaced.

Edit: For clarity, I have the F3-12800CL7Q-16GBXH kit.
                          Last edited by DAOWAce; 05-11-2011, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Hello!

@DAOWAce

Thanks for your reply!

Anyway, I will take out the CPU and put better heat transfer paste on the cpu just to make sure.

And yes, I did reset the CMOS already dozens of times.

Comment

We have all variations of the ASUS motherboard here. Any RipJaws kit will work flawlessly with XMP. If not, something is not right, so you need to troubleshoot and figure it out.

DAOWAce,

I just used that memory on a P8P67 Deluxe the other day and it works flawlessly with XMP. So test each module to see if one is bad causing an issue.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X