• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P8P67 Deluxe RAM ISSUES

-F3-10666CL7D-4GBXH 2 kits
    -P8P67 Deluxe rev.3 Bios 1305
    -Intel i7 2600k
    -psu Antec TP 750w

Hallo to all, I write from Italy, so excuse me for my English.
    Show my problem:
    I've just builded my new PC (P8P67 deluxe, i7 2600k and 2 kits F3-10666CL7D-4GBXH) and the system won't boot with all slots populated ...it stops boot immediately with Qcode 45. I tried with MemOk and nothing changes, so I tried putting only one stick (2Gb) in each slot and in B2 position and the system boots. Reading in this forum i tried to enable XMP in the Overclock section of the bios and doing so the bios shows the correct latencies of the stick, otherwise by default it showed 9-9-8-24 etc.etc.
    After this change the system boots with two sticks in channel B (sometimes it stops in the
    "fail overclocking press F1 to change setting" and when I put sricks in slots of channel A the same issue Qcode 45 returns. I tried also to boot with only a stick in A2, or A1, or A1+A2 ....nothing it stops immediately on Qcode 45!! i've tested one by one the 4 stick in B2
    and all of them boots OK, so I think the modules are good.

Then I resume:

-4 sticks full channels A1+A2+B1+B2 no boot Qcode 45
    -1 or two sticks in A1 or A2 no boot Qcode 45
    -1 stick in A2 and 1 in B2 like says the manual no boot Qcode 45
    -1 stick in B2 boot OK
    -XMP enabled 2 sticks in B1 + B2 boots (but sometimes ask for F1 -overclock failed-)
    -any stick in channel A (single or with channel B) no boot Qcode 45
    -I runned many times the MemOk without results.

please Help me.
    ros

Sounds like it may be a bad motherboard. I also responded to your PM with other details.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank You, I'll try with new bios and have already ask for rma of motherboard, i'm waiting what to do.

Comment

Let us know what happens

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok! I'll do, be sure! i had autorization for rma this morning from my dealer...i hope will pass not many days....i hope.....(the dealer is very far from me...i buyied this mobo by internet!!)

Comment

We'll be here, let us know, hope they have a quick turn around on your RMA

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

My seller contacted me (their support) by phone yesterday aftenoon and said that they tried my mobo with some Corsair and other brand ram and the mobo booted with modules in ch.A (???!!). After a long discussion, (they said that my GSkill ram is probably incompatible with this board) I obtained the replacement of my mobo with a new one. Well...when will I receive it I'll try with this other, but if the new mobo still don't boot I have to think that must be really an incompatibility with my ram, although GSkill declares the opposite. how is it possible if You declare P8P67 deluxe in the QVL mobos for these ram modules???....

Comment

Mobo makers are quick to blame DRAM if not on their QVL list (and even often if it is), just out of hand, since it's a plausible excuse not to spend the time trying to figure out the problem. Over the years,, I've seen very few support folks from the mobo side that really know DRAM or configuring it. One thing that is something to ask them, would be that if in FACT, it's incompatible - then why is it there are so many people on the web with posts here and there that ARE running a particular set with the mobo........that tends to stop them in their tracks.

Tman

Comment

+1 Tradesman.
                  Mobo makers are ALWAYS quick to blame DRAM, even PROCESSOR when in fact the motherboard is to blame. The motherboard incorporates so many different features and components combined it's be insanity to claim it never becomes faulty. However, they will accomodate you especially on a p67-based motherboard given it's brand new tech. I have ASUS's flagship p67 mobo (Maximus 4 extreme) and I sometimes feel the DRAM slots are faulty! However, I'm chatting through this forum with it right now - it's just that the kits I purchased don't work nicely together when >2 sticks are used on this system (XMP just doesn't work).
                  AMD Ryzen 5 1600X @ 3.99 Ghz 1.38V
                  ASRock x370 Taichi v2.0 BIOS
                  16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4 3200 @14-14-14-34-75 TRC-312 TRFC - 1T
                  EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 FTW
                  EVGA G2 750W
                  Samsung 960 Evo 250GB, 2x Intel 530 120GB, 1x Seagate 1TB

Intel s1155 2600K proc
                  ASUS Maximus 4 extreme motherboard
                  4x2GB GSkillF3-17000CL9D-4GBXL @ 2133 9-11-9-28-2T
                  ASUS Geforce GTX 580 DCII @ 900/1800/4008/1.1V
                  SeaSonic X-760 PSU
                  G.Skill phoenix 120GB SSD

Comment

Hallo all!! I received my new MOBO from my dealer after RMA. Well now with this board ALL WORKS FINE!!!! with all the 4 memory sticks in place!! The new MOBO (is still an ASUS p8p67 Deluxe rev.3) has bios 1502 instead of 1305 on the previous mobo. I write this information for all those have same issues. Probably also 1503 bios (latest available on Asus site) could be good, but for now I think I will not proceed with the update, since it works!

I want to thank for the assistance received and still excuse me for my english

Comment

Glad to hear it solved your problems. Thank you for posting update so it can possibly help others in the future.

Enjoy!

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                      X