This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no, i hope it's not this...
    Other thing strange : When I put timings on AUTO (so for 1333Mhz it's 8-8-8-24) it works. But when I put manually 8-8-8-24 in the BIOS it doesn't boot, whereas timings are exactly the same!!
    Do I have to up again the northebridge frequency and the HT link frequency (for the moment they are at 2000Mhz for both, and at normal Northbridge Voltage (1.1v) ) for supporting my other 2Gb module?
    Last edited by Nytrix; 10-18-2012, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• No, just inputting DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V should work.

Those are fail safe settings, so something is bad if that does not work.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

• Yes i guess... it's strange because @1066Mhz i can get my 4Gb but not @1333Mhz :s
        How i know if it's my motherboard or my CPU causing trouble ?
        Last edited by Nytrix; 10-18-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Could try the CPU/NB up another + 0.05

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• What do you mean, you thing about the frequency or the voltage ?
            Because for voltage i only can increase one by one, not 0.5 by 0.5v :/ And i read it's not very safe to run a NB voltage at 1.3v

Comment

• Hi I recently bought another set of Model Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 2x2GB sticks to add to my computer totalling the ram to 8GB after installing. I have the 2 sticks already installed with DDR3-1600, 9-9-9-24-2T, and DRAM Voltage 1.50V. Everything else on the motherboard is set to auto so I haven't changed any of the settings you mentioned in the first post like the CPU-NB Freq, HT Link,and the CPU-NB voltage. I haven't touched anything in the RAM since I built this computer a while back and have no clue on how to set it up in the bios after installing the additional 2GB of RAM.

This is what I have
              CPU : AMD A8-3850
              Motherboard : ASRock A75 Pro4-M
              RAM : 2x2GB

Basically what I am asking is how to set up my system after making it 4x2GB RAM. I am really clueless on setting up or finding these settings in the Bios.

Comment

• If not wanting to try 1.3 on CPU/NB can try upping DRAM voltage to 1.55

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• And for 1066Mhz frequency, what timings do you recommand to use ? And what about voltages, NB frequency etc ?
                  Thx alot

Comment

• lastgreatsea,

In addition to basic DRAM settings, increase CPU-NB +0.1V-0.15V and that should stabilize the system.

Nytrix,

DDR3-1066 7-7-7-21 1.50V

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

• Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                      lastgreatsea,
                      Nytrix,

DDR3-1066 7-7-7-21 1.50V

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH
                      Thank's but it doesn't work on my machine... I've got a big problem for sure now.

What is timings for 1333Mhz plz ?

Comment

• You've got 1600/CL9, so at 1333 I'd try 8-8-8-24, 2N or 2T and DRAM voltage at 1.55 and see what that does

Comment

• Originally posted by RamJam View Post
                          You've got 1600/CL9, so at 1333 I'd try 8-8-8-24, 2N or 2T and DRAM voltage at 1.55 and see what that does
                          Thx but i already tried this, it works with 2gb but not 4... The system didn't even POST

Comment

• edit : WOW it works now, i just had to change the position of my second module of 2gb. My motherboard has a big problem, 2 of the 4 emplacements for memory are dead, that's why it crashed everytime ! I didn't test this socket before because it was "hidden" by my CPU fan, i had to uninstall the fan to put my module... But now all work perfectly and it stable as a rock at 1333Mhz 8-8-8-24 !
                            Thank's again guys

Comment

• A lot of mobos want to use that first or second slot nearest the CPU as the primary placement, mix that with big CPU coolers and can often cause problems

Tman

Comment

• Is there a particular reason why the instructions say to set the HT link @ 2400? I always thought you were meant to keep it at the stock 2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X