This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• good day

Update the bios everything perfect.
      What happens to me is I have instability when I play, I turn off the machine.
      I have windows 7 64bit with service pack 1 and all patches that have come out.
      Blast driver video 301
      In the bios I have configured the memories at 1600MHz, 9-9-9-24 2T the timming
      I have them with 1.5v

Comment

• You say all is perfect, then say instability when you play....if that was before the update, then all would be good now, if that's a problem now, try raising DRAM voltage + .05

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• I would also like to say, when you do a BIOS update i strongly recommend that you reset bios to default settings and delete any save Oc profiles you have saved. I know this doesnt USUALLY affect things, but on occasion something can get stuck in the volatile memory and such that it flashed properly but something is stuck, also after a bios update i would short the jumper again to make sure everything is clear, i know that probably not your issue but something to know in the future, i do that every time, got in the habit bc of DDWRT routers lol but its good to do with any kind of firmware update.

also, on a side note... Tman is VERY knowledgeable i could tell that pretty quickly, and im experienced enough to smell a BS er MOST of the time...he is DEF skilled
          AMD FX-8120, Biostar TA990FXE, 8gb G. Skill sniper 1866, X-Fi Fatal1ty pro PCI, MSI 6970 lightning, Antec HCG 900, Antec 1200, zalman CPNS 9700 110mm, 240GB intel 520 series SSD, 1.5TB seagate barracuda sotrage drive, 2x 23" samsung LED SA350 syncmaster monitors. Logitech X-530 5.1 speakers, Turtle Beach Z6A 5.1 headphones, Razer Black Widow keyboard, Razer Ironclad mousepad, Logitech G9 mouse

Comment

• Would that be G skilled? (and Thanx for that)

Tman

Comment

• lol cheesy or not ya i can give ya that one
              AMD FX-8120, Biostar TA990FXE, 8gb G. Skill sniper 1866, X-Fi Fatal1ty pro PCI, MSI 6970 lightning, Antec HCG 900, Antec 1200, zalman CPNS 9700 110mm, 240GB intel 520 series SSD, 1.5TB seagate barracuda sotrage drive, 2x 23" samsung LED SA350 syncmaster monitors. Logitech X-530 5.1 speakers, Turtle Beach Z6A 5.1 headphones, Razer Black Widow keyboard, Razer Ironclad mousepad, Logitech G9 mouse

Comment

• I try, a bit of humor around here is nice

Tman

Comment

• lol ya i hear that, im sure there are a lot of ppl here who are frustrated when they sign in so trhe laughter is prolly appreciated

Comment

• Hope so, if not, oh well...prob don't like Xmas either

Tman

Comment

• Hey tradesman I'm back with an update. It appears my freezing issues was motherboard related, after countless problems with the board like losing power, on board lan failure, freezing etc I decide to get another motherboard(m5a99x evo) and it has never frozen since.Current timings 9-9-9-24-33-2T @ 1.5v
                      cpu/nb 2600mhz @ 1.2 HTT 2000mhz and everything is solid as a rock.

Comment

• Hi,
                        F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXM (http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=417) will work fine in GA-870A-UD3 motherboard (AM3)? Can I use it at 1333MHz? what will be the cas latency?

Comparing to F3-10666CL9Q-16GBRL (http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=233) , what is better for me?

Thanks,
                        AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE ~ GA-870A-UD3 ~ Gskill F3-10666CL7Q-16GBXH ~ WD10EARS ~ Corsair CX600W ~ MSI ATI Radeon HD6770 Twin Frozr II OC 2GB GDDR5 ~ Hyper 212 Plus CoolerMaster ~ Tower Case @ Elite 310.

Comment

• What CPU? The motherboard should be fine with the set

Comment

• Originally posted by RamJam View Post
                            What CPU? The motherboard should be fine with the set
                            Phenom II x4 955 BE.
                            AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE ~ GA-870A-UD3 ~ Gskill F3-10666CL7Q-16GBXH ~ WD10EARS ~ Corsair CX600W ~ MSI ATI Radeon HD6770 Twin Frozr II OC 2GB GDDR5 ~ Hyper 212 Plus CoolerMaster ~ Tower Case @ Elite 310.

Comment

• Sage101,
                              Glad to hear all is well, to bad about the bad mobo, but it can happen

Pszaij
                              With a 955, you'll prob have to run 1333

Tman

Comment

• I apologize if this has already been solved but, I tried searching the thread and when I click the "Search This Thread" link it doesn't do anything.

This could end up being something I need to take to support for my MB from ASUS but I will try here first.

My System:
                                CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition
                                RAM: 16G 1600 (2 x 8G) G-Skill Ares
                                MB: Asus M5A97

I have tried to get this RAM to stay at 1600 since I built the system last week but, my MB fail safe keeps flipping it back to around 1400 each time I save and leave the BIOs.
                                I have even tried using the tips located at the beginning of this thread.

Could it be that either my MB or CPU just doesn't like it set to 1600?

Everything appears to be running just fine, with this 16G of RAM everything is so snappy no matter how many programs I have open, the more I am working on the faster the system seems to get.

I am happy with the way it is running but, if having the RAM set at 1600 will give me just a hair more out of the system, I'd like it to be set at such.

Just FYI: I am initially letting the Asus AutoTune utility set my OC, then going back into BIOs and trying to tweak the RAM after words. After saving these settings and rebooting is when my MB lets me know it doesn't like my settings and turns the RAM back down to around 1400.

Comment

Working...
                                X