Computer will not post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer will not post.

Hello, I need some help with what I am sure is setting to get my MB to work with some of your memory. My computer will not even post with all 4 sticks of this memory in stalled. What would you suggest so that I can get the last stick installed and run at the full 16 gig my MB will support?

Thanks for any help you can give.

1 x G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9Q-16GBRL

It will run with any 3 of them. My MB is a

1 x ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard

I can use all 4 of this memory fine.

1 x G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK

Processor 1 x AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core

I am not overclocking

Bios is set to auto for the memory.

I run Win 7 Pro 64 bit
    Last edited by Charles_Grizzle; 02-03-2011, 12:13 PM. Reason: Update

I don't understand... 4 sticks... but you have 6 sticks listed..so I'm confused about the problem.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I just bought the 16 gig kit. 4 sticks of 4 gig matched chips. I was using 4 sticks of 2 gig chips. When I have all 4 of the 2 gig sticks for an 8 meg total in my system everything is fine but when I put all 4 of the 4 gig sticks in my system for the 16 gig total, the system will not even post. So my problem is with the 4 4 gig sticks only. My system boots fine with 3 of the 4 gig sticks in it but not the 4th. Hope that clears things up.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Can you post your BIOS settings, are prob going to have to raise CPU, CPU/NB and DRAM voltages, you may need a bit of OC on the CPU also. Will be needing the actual voltages the boards is running as well as the timings for the DRAM...also do you have the latest BIOS?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Here are the details.

AMD Phenom II x4 945 - 45nm Core VID is 1.375 V

Core speed is 3MHz
          Multipler is x 15.0
          Bus speed is 200.0 MHz
          HT link is 2000 MHz

Bios is 0704

Memory

MB feq 2000 MHz.
          Voltage is 1.5

DRAM freq 666.7 MHz
          FSB DRAM 3:10
          CAS latency 9.0
          RAS to CAs# delay 9 clocks
          RAS# % 9 clocks
          Cycle time 24 clocks
          bank cycle tine 33 clocks
          command rate 1T

Comment

Give CPU-NB Voltage a little nudge (+0.05V) and it'll boot for you.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

This just showes how little I know about these settings. All my BIOs setting are auto right now and it does now show what the current voltage seting on the CPU/NB are. I found the place to make the change you suggest but I have no idea what to set it at. When I change it from auto it starts at .800 and I can increast it from there.

Comment

1.10V or 1.15V is default for this CPU, so try 1.15V or 1.20V.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the help. Now for some bad news, it looks like I have a bad stick of memory. I made the recommended changes to the BIOS and let the computer boot to make sure it would, No problems with 3 sticks installed after the changes. I then shut down and installed the 4th stick. Computer will not even get to the BIOS. Back to the will not post problem. So I shut it down, pulled out the 4th stick and rebooted just fine. So I shut down and pulled one of the other sticks out and replaced it with the 4th stick. Computer will not post with that 4th stick switched out with one of the others. Powered off, pulled the stick out and put the other back in and computer came right up. So with the one stick installed the computer will not post. looks like one stick or the set of 4 is bad.

Comment

If you are within 30 days of purchase, contact your original place of purchase for exchange.

otherwise..

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Just a final note here. I have the replacement memory in and the system is fine. all 16gig are recognized. Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                      X