No announcement yet.

What are the maximum safe voltages ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the maximum safe voltages ...

... for F3-10666CL9T-6GBNQ (DRAM bus and QPI), and where did you find this data? Thanks.

W/ GSkill sticks you are generally safe up to .1 over max advertised DRAM voltage, so with this set 1.7. QPI is more CPU driven, but again, in varying opinions, calls for no more of a difference of .5 between QPI and DRAM voltages, and Intel says no more than 1.65 for DRAM - all depends on where you look

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Where did you find the 1.6V max. DRAM voltage? All I can find on the G. Skill site is 1.5V.

Comment

GSkill advertises a mean time voltage allowing for a little variance. They say the sticks are safe for overvolting up to .1 over the mean rated voltage.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well, I bumped DRAM voltage from 1.5 to 1.56, ensuring QPI was <.5V different, and that seems to have done the trick. After 5 reboots or so over the last couple of days I've always gotten the 12GB I have installed. I never got the same quantity twice before, and rarely all 12GB. Thanks for the help.

Comment

No problem, glad I could help,

Have a gud 1 !

Tman

Comment

spec is actually at I7-900 series processors datasheet also xeon datasheet and voltages are really weird as those are saying in english that max DDR3 voltage should remain 1.55v and QPI at 1.35v at absolute max. (Didn't find anything anywhere on Intel documentation about 1.65v)

weird thing on these memory manufacturer sites is that most of the RAM is 1866-2000Mhz what really there is and absolute max you will do with these specifications is around 1500Mhz as so called 'Uncore'/'QPI' voltage stops POSTing pretty near 3700Mhz at maximum voltages and RAM again barely makes it to 1500-1600Mhz with 1.55v.
              "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
              http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Working...
              X