Question about Memory Bios Settings for F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Memory Bios Settings for F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

I have 2 different sets of memory that require different voltage settings at 1600mhz. Before I install my question would be is there anyway to set in the bios 2 different dram voltage settings. The Gskill requires only 1.5 to 1.55 where as the kingston requires 1.7 to 1.8 and they are running on a P7P55D EVO motherboard.

I have a set of G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

and I also have a set of Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3K2/4G

I bought the Kingston thinking that my gskill memory was defective and I found out that was not the case.

Unfortunately there isn't any way to set different DRAM Voltages for individual dimm slots or memory channels.

The DRAM voltage you select in the BIOS will be applied to all of the DIMM slots.

With the huge variation in DRAM voltage requirements I don't think there is any way you'll be able to incorporate both kits in your build.

I think the best advice would be to decide which kit you want to keep, then sell the other. Put the proceeds towards a compatible kit to go with what you kept.
    Last edited by wevsspot; 09-27-2010, 07:53 AM.
    MSI Big Bang xPower x58
    Intel i7 950
    GSkill DDR3 2000 6x2Gb
    Gigabyte GTX 460 x2 SLi
    OCZ Vertex 2 SSD - OS Drive
    WD Black 640Gb x2 RAID0 - Apps and Programs
    WD Black 1Tb backup and storage
    Corsair TX950W
    Water cooling - Swiftech and DangerDen

Comment

You might be able to put the Ripjaws in 1-3 the Kingston in 2-4, set the voltage at 1.65 and the speed to 1333, which might work and then experiment from there. Wouldn't take the voltage any higher than that, which is safe for the Ripjaws, but the slower speed might allow the Kingstons to pull at the lower voltage and w/ 8GB instead of 4 the speed drop would be negligible

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
      X