No announcement yet.

Get full potential of memory with F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD + GA-X58A-UD3R + i7-960

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont quite understand your first question, but with regards to your second question, it is because the lowest i7 begins at 2.66GHz, so it is a slight overclock. If you have a better processor, you simply raise the CPU Ratio. Sure you can use other BCLK to achieve your target frequencies as well, but make sure that it fits for ALL of your frequencies.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I'm having serious issue with this memory setup. I have the exact same setup as the OP but i can't get it to run stably even underclocked. I find some settings that might work for a week then all of a sudden my computer will bluescreen 10 times that day till i change the settings to something else.

I originally started with 2 lots of 6gig triplle channel memory but have since found that almost impossible to pull off. This leave me with the knowledge that nothing is wrong with the ram as i can simply switch kits to test the settings. If i just wanted to underclock and run my ram as stable as possible what should i tweak from the original posters settings?

Comment

Ignore my last reply i am faily certain that the RAM is fine and some other part of my PC is causing all these bluescreens

Comment

Well, we can still help. As long as you have G.Skill memory we'll do our best. =)

What settings are you currently using? Have you ran memtest to confirm each module is error free? You need to isolate each hardware to determine which may be causing the problem. Then it is just about replacing and trying other hardware to see if changing it fixes the problem.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I will try these settings and let you know the results. What I meant with the 1st question is that I don't have 1 6GB DIMM but rather 3x2GB DIMM in triple channel.

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Just to let you know, so far this is working great. Thanks a lot GSKILL / guys!
                This is my config:

Processor: Intel Core i7-960
                Memory: 3x2GB F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD
                Motherboard: GA-X58A-UD3R Bios: F7

Settings:

CPU Multiplier: 20x
                QPI: Auto
                Base Clock Control: Enabled
                BCLK: 167
                Performance Enhance: Standard
                Extreme Memory Profile (XMP): Disabled
                System Memory Multiplier: 12

Uncore Frequency: 4008 (this was set automatically)

On each DIMM:
                CAS: 9
                tRCD: 9
                tRP: 9
                tRAS: 24
                Command Rate: 2
                tWR: 12
                tRFC: 88

Voltage Load-Line Calibration: Level 1
                CPU VCore: Closest setting to 1.32V (from below)
                QPI/VTT: 1.595V - closest setting to 1.60V (from below)
                DRAM Voltage: Closest setting to 1.64V (from below)

I haven't tested with Prime95 or Memtest86+, but it seems solid as of now. Have run 3DMark 3 times and played a couple of games (CoD: Black Ops and Portal 2) so far.

Thanks again, if anyone has any additional comment and/or suggestion, feel free

Comment

Looking good! Keep us updated

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X