• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with P-55-USB3 and G-Skill RAM

Model of the motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-P55-USB3
    Model of the memory: 2 X 2GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
    Model of the CPU: Intel i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHZ

What is the problem?

System ran fine for approximately 4 days. Began hanging on cold boot, giving MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Errors. RMAed the RAM, same errors with new RAM. Computer booted successfully once with one stick (2GB) in. Inserted second stick for a total of 4GB - would not boot. I tried using only one stick again, but I could not duplicate the earlier success. I have manually set the timings to 9-9-9-24, and the voltage is set at 1.5v. Are these timings correct, or is there something else I should change? I have an RMA order in for the motherboard as I believe I've ruled out the RAM as the culprit, but any assistance would be helpful.

Could you post your BIOS settings, so we can look for a possible problem?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Channel A -
      tCL 9
      tRCD 9
      tRP 9
      tRAS 24

MANUAL-^^

AUTO-VV

tRRD 5
      tWTP 24
      tRFC 88
      tCMD 2

Channel B -
      tCL 9
      tRCD 9
      tRP 9
      tRAS 24

MANUAL-^^

AUTO-VV

tRRD 5
      tWTP 24
      tRFC 88
      tCMD 2

XMP - Profile1
      System Memory Multiplier - 10.0
      Performance Enhance - Standard
      DRAM Timing Selectable - Expert
      Profile DDR Voltage - 1.5v
      Profile QPI Voltage - 1.1v
      Channel Interleaving - 6 [Auto]
      Rank Interleving - 4 [Auto]

---

If you need any other information, please let me know.

Comment

I have the exact same problem with the exact same motherboard and ram. I'm pretty sure that this is the "cold boot" problem that a lot of people are having especially with the asus and gigabyte boards. I don't know of any fix for it yet but I heard that the ripjaw sticks don't have this problem. Is this true? I have manually set all my timings to what they should be: the DRAM Frequency set to DDR3-1600, DRAM Timings tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2, DRAM Voltage 1.50V.

I don't know what else to do but go with other ram. Please help!

Comment

No, these issues are at random for DDR3 in general. The RipJaws, NQ, or any other DDR3 may have similar problems, but is not always simply "cold boot".

Try increasing QPI/VTT Voltage to 1.30V to see if that will help. The Profile QPI is much too low.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

I increased the voltage of the QPI to 1.30V and it didn't help. I still get the blue screens. I RMA'd the ram for the RL series because another tech said it might help. I'll let you know if it fixes the problem.

Comment

Tried suggested voltage settings - booted once successfully, does not work on a cold boot. I've RMAed both my motherboard and my RAM now, and I'm about to give up and just return as many of the components I bought as possible and purchase a desktop from a major manufacturer, barring some miracle suggestion from this forum. This RAM and motherboard combination are listed as compatible. I've never had a more frustrating issue with a computer build before.

Comment

Sorry for the frustration, but the new replacements should not have the same problem.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X