Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed

G'day Tradesman

Yeah, I hear you... You make some very valid points.

Currently looking at buying a P8Z68-V Pro Gen3 (for future Ivy Bridge compatibility) and just throw in an entry level i3 (NOT my trusty Q9400) and see what happens.

If I have problems with the P8Z68 board (approved by GSklil for use with this kit) then I will have to look into an RMA.

Cheers for the quick reply!
    Last edited by MarkiMeerkat; 12-07-2011, 09:07 AM. Reason: What an idiot, wrong socket...

Comment

Q9400 is for socket 775 mobos, it won't work on the socket 1155 mobos like the Z68s, P67s and H67. If going to the 1155 Ivy Bridge suggest the Intel 2500K CPU....Your sticks will work fine with that mobo or any of the P67/Z68 boards.....sadly there are very few higher end 775 mobos out these days, but still plenty of the higher end CPUs (9650, 9550, etc)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Finally faulty

In a way I am relieved... After upgrading the entire machine to the Asus P8Z68 Gen3 mobo for many reasons, one of which was the GSKILL memory compatibility, I have been experiencing occasional PAGE FAULT IN NON-PAGED AREA and random BSOD with the usual expletives...

It's a major pain as not only it causes loss or corrupted documents, but every time sends the Intel RAID into Verify mode, which takes a long time to rebuild the 2TB Mirror.

The BIOS is non overclock running the Ram at 1337 CL7 exactly as per specs; I should have had more sense and got the 1600 and run them at 1333, ahhh hindesight!

I have finally taken the time to boot MemTest 4.20 in DOS and run the std test for a while... No surprise I got failures in each pass at exactly the same module, at address 7372.4MB.

Have taken some snaps of the screen but with the pc in memtest cannot upload them and using the iPad now.

Assuming this is a straight forward RMA, is there anything else I need to know or do?

Cheers
        Paul

Comment

Will want to contact your re/e-tailer odr direct to GSkill, can contact at rma@gskill.com, info here

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman!

I called the dealer who quoted two weeks turn around, so decided to RMA with them (SkyComp - Sydney).

Now about the replacement set: based on your recommendations on other threads with regards to my new mobo (Asus P8-Z68-Pro Gen3) I would like to change to a different model; I have asked SkyComp if there any chance I can upgrade to a >1600 kit; they said they need to wait for GSkill to offer a replacement and if not happy I can opt for a refund, but it will be less than what I paid for, to account for usage.

I would rather fix it and do it right this time instead of receiving the same identical kit and missing out on getting the most our of my rig. What do you think? Can you or GSkill Tech advise on what sort of reduction in the refund I can expect, based on 9 months old kit?

Finally, I managed to upload a snapshot of the MemTest errors, see what you make of it. Have just completed the RMA and scanned the original invoice and are waiting for your comments before I submit it.

Cheers
            Paul

PS I had a look at the GSkill site and found there is an ARES 16GB 1333 quad channel kit (F3-1333C9Q-16GAO) so I can probably assume this is what I will be offered?
            Last edited by MarkiMeerkat; 05-23-2012, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Will drop GSkill Tech a note to take a look Thurs if he has a chance, not really sure how a supplier would handle this or if GSkill is actually even in the loop on the sellers decision....I'm not GSkill so just can't provide a more solid answer, Sorry.

Tman

Comment

Rma

No worries Tradesman, thanks for the quick reply.

Being an impatient ******* as I am... this afternoon I am going to buy another kit F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL from a local retailer who affords me trade discounts.

Whenever the RMA is processed, I will opt for a refund and hope for a reasonably good amount.

What do you think of this kit, any other suggestions? I intend running them at the spec 1600.

Cheers

Paul

Comment

The Z's are a good set, and if ever interested should prob hit 1866 w/ CL 10

Tman

Comment

The price and any reduction is solely based by the seller/SkyComp.

We have no say or decision over that.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Refund

Thanks for the clarification, GSkill Tech!

May I then ask you, if I have not heard anything back from SkyComp (no RMA has been issued yet) and have not sent the kit back to them, should I maybe RMA directly with you guys?

Where is the return address located? In Australia?

And would GSkill offer a refund or only a replacement?

Cheers
                      Paul

Comment

GSkill Tech is prob gone for the day, imagine you'd do the rma through their main HQ, can email them at rma@gskill.com

Tman

Comment

RipJawsZ

Well...

Installed the F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL this morning and the pc booted up in 1333, went into BIOS and manually changed it to 1600, and the pc would not boot!

Pressed the MEMOK button and the pc booted, went into BIOS to save the settings and it showed "auto" under DRAM Frequency.

Booted into Windows and launched CPU-Z to discover it is running the memory at 1600 with 11-11-11-28, a far cry from the specs for these sticks.

Then remembered to check for a newer BIOS and found one just released a few days ago, updated the BIOS and voil? it's all good: boots straight into 1600 with no manual changes to voltages or else, and CPU-Z reports 9-9-9-24-2T @ 802.7MHz, so happy with that.

Now the tet of time will tell us whether I solved my initial problem of BSOD's and page faults.

Finally got the RMA from SkyComp this morning, will post kit to the them this afternoon and if you don't mind will refer to them what GSkill Tech said earlier, that the decison on how much to reduce it by is solely at the retailer discretion.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers
                          Paul

Comment

No problem, keep us informed as things roll on

Tman

Comment

Full Steam ahead

Hi Tradesman

Ran MemTest all yesterday afternoon and last night... ecstatic to report that after 8 passes there are absolutely no errors at all, running at 1647 9-9-9-24!!!!

Really happy with this, quite confident I will no longer receive BSOD's.

Now the cherry on the cake would be that SkyComp plays nice and refunds the full purchase price without a fuss... after all, the RMA is warranted and the kit is only 9 months old!

Thanks again for the help and support, have a great weekend.

Cheers
                              Paul

Comment

Always nice to hear someone who's happy Good luck w/ SkyComp and let us know how it turns out.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                                X