No announcement yet.

ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe and Ripjaws DDR3-1600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I know that, I'm not asking you to permanently use those settings, it is only a test.

If the memory works perfectly fine with those settings, then DDR3-1600 should work too. It must be a BIOS setting problem causing the instability.

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes, using latest Bios 2105 - unfortunately the Ket mBios only exist for for the other P5Q boards, since those are supposed to greatly enhance ram compatibility.

Would be interesting what bios / what settings your colleague used in the beginning of this thread...

Cheers

Comment

Did you try the DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 test?

That helps determine whether it is a compatibility or settings issue..

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yeah, PS is running at that setting at the moment - didn't do any extensive testing - just set it to 8-8-8-24 and kept on using the computer since yesterday...

Cheers

Comment

...did one pass of memtest86 v4.0 @ 8/8/8/24 - no problems!

(tried some further different settings, e.g. only a small fsb overclock like 350, increasing NB, SB, vDimm, vCore,.... won't get anything to post bios)

Cheers

Comment

I'll have to do some testing of my own to find out. I'll post results when I get to it.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

How is the testing coming?
                Cheers
                S

Comment

wingo,

Gskill is off weekends, so guessing Mon late AM early PM, believe they normally work email support first thing as well as getting floodede with calls from weekend builders

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Service -> !

Comment

I had issues with the black PCBs, which is what I'm trying to figure out. The green PCBs should not have a problem.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

P5Q3 Deluxe and 16GB Quad Channel

Hello all

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but it is just about my own mobo, so preferred not to open a new one...

G.Skill has now got these beautiful and low latency 16GB (4x4GB) kits:
                        F3-10666CL7Q-16GBXH
                        Which are said to be specifically for P67 boards, but too cheap to pass at this time...

I have verified P5Q3 Deluxe (P45) specs and it's allows max 16GB @ 1600 (OC) and has full XMP support: so nothing seems to negate the compatibility of these new modules.

Since the board has 4 slots, 2 per channel, it appears to be a straightforward upgrade from my measly 4GB to these monster DDR modules!

So the question is: can I use these quad channel DDR3 memory in my trusty P5Q3 Deluxe?

Many thanks for the kind reply.

Regards

Marki
                        Last edited by MarkiMeerkat; 08-13-2011, 04:00 PM.

Comment

They should be fine, not sure of your CPU, so to let you know, may require an OC and you'll prob have to add some voltage to the NB - nothing out of sight or dangerous, the mobo itself can take up to 2000 DDR3, but that's a bit more problematic

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks TMan, super fast reply...

Sorry forgot the CPU is Intel Q9400, never overclocked in my life, so may need some assistance, if it's not too much trouble.

Cheers

MM

Comment

No problem, give a shout, GSkill is M-F and I'm generally in and out all the time, normally take a look here and a couple other places whenever I check my email accounts, few times a day

Tman

Comment

P5Q3 deluxe,Q6600, F3-12800CL9D-8GBXLx2 -- or x4

Hope it's alright to post here, but I think my situation is similar to Wingo, above, so I am curious to see if there is any resolution. Like Wingo, I can also run at 1333 or 1335, but not the 1600 that the memory is rated at. I can run 2 4gb sticks (8gb total) at 1600, but not 4 4gb sticks (16gb). I've tried increasing voltages and playing with many of the suggestions for these boards in other threads with no luck. Here's what i'm running right now:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-U...0/IMG_3652.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-6...0/IMG_3653.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-D...0/IMG_3654.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-T...0/IMG_3655.JPG

I hope the bios image posts above work correctly, this is my first post ever, so thanks for being understanding.
                                Last edited by quintvantage; 08-14-2011, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X