No announcement yet.

Settings for F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH x2 + Crosshair III Formula + Phenom II x4 965

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings for F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH x2 + Crosshair III Formula + Phenom II x4 965

I picked up two sets of F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=226 (8gig total)
    plus

Crosshair III formula (bios 1105) http://rog.asus.com/product.aspx?pCo...4DFB9C0BC#tabP

and

AMD Phenom II X4 965 (Stepping 2) http://www.ncix.com/search/?category...enom+II+x4+965

I'm running windows 7 x64.

What would be the best settings for the memory for this configuration?

Thanks.

sorry, but we don't recommend you to run DDR3 1600 with CL7 on AMD platform
    you may need to wait if there is new bios fixing this issue
    thanks

G.S

Comment

As the system has already been purchased and put together, are there any recommended settings other than the defaults?

Comment

You will need to use tCL 8 - tRCD 7 - tRP 7 - tRAS 21 - Command Rate 2 timings.

Let me know the results and I will be able to further assist you.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thank you for the help, those settings seem to be working well (did a windows 7 memory check, etc).
          I've included a screenshot of the current memory settings. All the settings are tweakable in bios on the ROG crosshair III, but it is easier to show them through the AMD overdrive utility.

Comment

After quite a few hours I got a BSOD, after doing some reading I expect the default voltage setting was wrong. I initally tried it at a little over 1.65v and my machine locked pretty quickly. I've scaled it back to a little over 1.6v and have been running Prime95 with 96% used physical memory for 20+ minutes without issue.

Comment

Where you might need the extra voltage will probably be to the CPU (to help the MC) if you run into problems under load

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Trandesman.

After a few days of stability, and pondering the timings, I decided to revise them to
                1333 7-7-7-21 1T, instead of 1600 8-7-7-21 2T. That seems to give a slight improvement until I can figure out how to do that at 1600.

Comment

if you would like to run DDR3 1600 with CL7 on AM3 platform, you need to wait for a while
                  ASUS is working on this issue now and will solve it soon
                  thanks

G.S

Comment

Might check your tRFC, with four sticks you'll want at least 195 for stability.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Any word on when ASUS will have that BIOS update out? I'm having issues with my RAM too.

Comment

should be released at the end of this week, but we're not totally sure
                        thanks

G.S

Comment

I have this exact same setup on order. Let me know what you come up with as mine will be here friday and ill be playing around with settings.

Comment

Asus put out the 1204 bios a few days ago, however the download seems to be bad.

Comment

Have you tested the memory with memtest or anything i forget if you said you did?

I set mine to 8-7-7-24 and the first set of 4 tested bad.....same address every time. Put the next set of 4 gigs in and tested perfect with those timings. No problems at all, rock solid.

Comment

Working...
                              X