No announcement yet.

Settings for F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH x2 + Crosshair III Formula + Phenom II x4 965

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been running a couple weeks at 7-7-7-21 1t 1300, unganged, 1.65v, 8gigs. Rock solid.

Comment

Really confused

Hello,

If it is to set RAM frequency at 1333 MHz, is not it better to select a model among 10666 series, like F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH (7-7-7-21 2N) ?

Also is there a big differnce between 1N and 2N ?

Has the 1204 BIOS version solved the issue ?

Many thanks

Comment

Yes, if you would like to run CL7. Temporarily most AMD motherboards can not operate DDR3-1600 CL7 so CL8 must be used. In the future, the BIOS revisions should fix this issue which is what people are waiting on rather than purchasing a different memory package with a higher latency. Not to mention you could simply set the CAS Latency to 8.

There is definitely a difference between 1N and 2N, but not all motherboards will be able to operate 1N.

Regarding the BIOS revision, you will need to contact the motherboard manufacturer.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I should add to my last post that im running at 8-7-7-24-2t 1600 and thats its rock solid with 4 gigs. I have never seen my usage go above 3 gigs with anything ive used yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mrechte View Post
            Hello,

If it is to set RAM frequency at 1333 MHz, is not it better to select a model among 10666 series, like F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH (7-7-7-21 2N) ?

Also is there a big differnce between 1N and 2N ?

Has the 1204 BIOS version solved the issue ?

Many thanks
            If my intention had been to run at 1333mhz you would be correct, however my intention is to hit 1600mhz and the ram was on special when I bought it.

Technically there is a big difference between 1n and 2n, realistically, it is hard to tell. I could run some benchmarks and see how things play out when I get some time.

As soon as Asus posts a non-corrupt version of the 1204 bios, I will try it out.

Comment

Which RAM and which timing ?

Please, until the problem is hopefully solved by a BIOS update, can I still go for this RAM model ? Then is it better to set it @ 1333 MHz 7-7-7-21 2N or @ 1600 MHz 8-7-7-24 2N ?

Nobody has tested the 1204 BIOS (must be downloaded with IE and not FF) ?

Thanks

Comment

I expect that you can go with this model and use 1333 7-7-7-21 1T (how I have mine set). Then again with all four banks filled, there is a little less give with the timings.

I'll have to try downloading the bios with IE, but that would be a weird issue if it is the case.

Comment

Hello,

I set up my system and, as expected by this thread, got RAM problems.

First my system is not stable (50% W7 will reboot after a BSOD during starting up of the machine) when using the default BIOS setting viz. 9-9-9-24-1T @669 Mhz !

I set the RAM frequency to 800 Mhz (dafault timing are 11-11-11-29-1T) and the machine has become more stable.

If I set the theoretical chip timing (7-8-7-24-2T @] 800 Mhz) the system will not boot (BIOS ask me to press F1 after reset for failed overclocking).

The same thing with timing recommended at the beginning of this thread (8-7-7-21-2T) no boot

My system boots at 8-8-8-24-2T.

If I run memtest86+ with this timing I however get many errors (9000+) for test #5.

My system is using the latest BIOS 1204.

Have I faulty RAM ?

Thanks

Comment

Memory always needs to be manually set now since they are much above the standard. So if you simply plug them in, do NOT expect them to run smoothly.

Try testing each stick individually with the proper settings. If you could, post up screen shots of your BIOS so I can see if you have anything set incorrectly.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Mrechte, ensure that you have the ram set to un-ganged and have set the ram voltage correctly. Without the higher voltage, the ram will not perform as expected.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

Asus support considers that with the above explanations, I have a faulty RAM.

I have prepared some screen shots of my BIOS setting. How can I upload them on this forum ?

Regards

Comment

I tried each stick individually and found that only one is faulty. So I did a new series of tests with the "good" stick and memtest86+4.00 @800MHz.

7-8-7-24-2T: no boot (failed OC)
                          8-7-7-21-2T: fails test#5
                          8-8-8-21-2T: test OK (7-pass test)

Yes I checked the memory is auto-configured as un-ganged. I manually set the voltage to 1.6V.

Note that my model is F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (the blue ones).

Shall I link my screen shots on a personal web site ?

Please is there an official GSkill support to tell me whether I should RMA the sticks ?

Comment

Working...
                          X