No announcement yet.

Not stable at correct speed. F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH & Asus M4177TD Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Tradesman, what does "the MC is in the CPU" mean? Also, I did try to change the CPU voltage, check my response from earlier:

The "CPU Over Voltage" menu allows me to increase the volts by .00625v increments. I simply turned it off auto and to the very first option (1.05000), changed my memory timings to 7,7,7,21 but the computer won't even boot with that voltage change.
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

The MC (memory controller) is in the CPU (Central Processing Unit, your Phenom) on AMD chips and i5, i7 Intel CPUs, more in a minute, someone at the door

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well I ran it at 1.62v all day yesterday with no problems. Very stable with timings at 7,7,7,21.

I'd really like to know if I should leave the voltage like that, or if there is something else in the bios I should change to be able to get it to the right voltage/timings. I don't wanna damage the RAM.

If a G.Skill tech would respond that would be really helpful too. (Specs are listed on the first post.)

Comment

Do you have anywhere in that BIOS to check actual memory voltage? Should not need that high of memory voltage, but if it is stable, simply operate with that amount.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Is the "Memory Over Voltage" (in my first picture) not the actual voltage?

The AMD Overdrive program lists the "DDR Voltage" as whatever that bios setting is set to.

It is unstable at 1.5v, and so far seems stable at 1.62 - is 1.62v too high to run the memory or is that acceptable? I do not want to damage anything, and I'm not sure if there's something in the BIOS I'm just oblivious about that should be changed instead.

Comment

Those are just voltage setting values, the actual voltage it is consuming may not be exactly that. 1.62V is no problem for that memory, so you should be fine.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Ok, thanks GSKILL TECH, I'll just leave it at 1.62 if it stays stable.

Just in case: If it DOES crash - what is the highest you would say that mem could safely be turned up to voltage wise without risking damage?

Thank you

Comment

Maximum Voltage should be 1.65V. Especially at DDR3-1333, it should definitely not need more than 1.65V.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Ok, sounds good. Thank you for the help.

Tradesman - thank you as well for the help!

It seems I'm in a minority now. Some years back I was a big AMD fan, but this time around Intel massively dominated the scene. I went with AMD as I was a "fan" before, and they were cheaper for similar powered chips.

However, as I read around it seems that Intel has taken some serious ground on the gaming-computer front. Next build I will be re-thinking my CPU choice.

Comment

You're not a minority just yet as many people still prefer the couple bucks off, but you're right in that the gap is much wider now. Intel is surely worth the money especially with the new P55 platform at a decent price.

Thank you
                      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                      X