• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws Z F3-14900CL8Q-16GBZM with GA-EP45T-DS3R

RAM: F3-14900CL8Q-16GBZM
    Mobo: GA-EP45T-DS3R F4C BIOS
    CPU: Q9550
    PSU: 500W PC Power & Cooling

I recently purchased a second hand motherboard to upgrade a home file server. I purchased the F3-14900CL8Q-16GBZM kit for this board as this board is rated for up to a 1900FSB.

The board sees the whole 16GB and will post at full 1866 ("Profile 2" in BIOS), but when I check voltages in windows it reads as 2.2v! These modules are rated for 1.5v, and the system will not post if I manually set DRAM voltage to 1.5v. The system is not stable with the automatic settings as the DRAM goes up to 2.2v, the PLL goes to 1.7. CPU TERM goes to 1.4, VCORE to 1.38. I have tried setting timings to 11-11-11-30, but it has no effect.

Using EasyTune, I can step down the DRAM voltage to about 1.9v before the system resets.

I was hoping to get help with running these modules safely at their rated speeds on my board.

Thank you!
    Last edited by SamClementi; 06-22-2013, 08:59 AM.

What's your OC - i.e. what is the FSB at....with the P45 you'll need the FSB up to 1866 to run sticks at 1866, and seriously doubt they would last long on your mobo at that, if the mobo last,, will need to raise NB voltage rather high the DRAM is 1.5 sticks, so about 1.65 is the highest I would run it....

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

When I select "Profile 2" my FSB clocks to 467 with a CPU multiplier of 6.

Are you saying I should up the voltage to the MCH and manually set DRAM voltage to 1.65?

Comment

If having problems running stably yes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have been fighting with this board and memory a while now, and I am starting to think this memory is NOT compatible with the P45 chipset. I cannot get the system to post on anything other then AUTO, which ups the voltages way too much.

I have 2 stick of some G.Skill Trident I used to have running in my gaming PC. Those run at the rated 1.65V...

If I can't get this resolved I am going to have to RMA the memory.

Comment

Am going to drop a note to GSkill Tech to take a look

Tman

Comment

Did you OC CPU FSB?

Post some pictures of BIOS so I can take a look at what's going on.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Here is what I was able to accomplish on my own:

CPU: 3740MHz (440FSB x 8.5Multi) 1.231VCore, 1.57PLL, 1.24Term
                RAM: 1465MHz @ 8-8-8-21-2T 1.66DRAM 1.32MCH

The system must boot with AUTO for DRAM voltage which pumps around 2.2V (regardless of overclocking or BIOS settings), but using EasyTune I can drop the voltage to 1.66V. Any lower and I run into problems, setting anything else besides AUTO in BIOS causes system not to post. This is not ideal, but I realize this is an old chipset.

I did buy an F3-1866C9D-16GXM kit to see if the system would fare better with 2 sticks rather than four, but the system did not post and the memory had to be RMA'd. There is no documentation, but I think 4G DIMMs are the largest I can use for this board (Though 16G is the max install-able memory).

Using a laser thermometer I did not see any heat issues running this RAM at 1.66v.

All said and done, I have had to RMA 2 kits of G.Skill RAM to get this setup working due to post issues on the P45 chipset. Compatibility could be clearer...

Comment

It is always best to manually configure settings in BIOS. Make sure DRAM Voltage is manually set rather than AUTO.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                    It is always best to manually configure settings in BIOS. Make sure DRAM Voltage is manually set rather than AUTO.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT
                    As I stated in my previous post. This board WILL NOT POST with any other setting other than AUTO in BIOS for the DRAM voltage. Even if I manually set to the 2.2V that AUTO sets the DRAM voltage to, it will not post. I have to set the voltage to AUTO in BIOS, then using the EasyTune utility I can drop it down to 1.66v from within Windows. I already have this setup so that it runs as a script when the computer is starting up.

Comment

Working...
                    X