F3-1600c9q-32gxm & msi 890gxm-g65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-1600c9q-32gxm & msi 890gxm-g65

SYMPTOM: Windows 7 Ultimate (X64) freezes or auto-reboots after POST but before startup window (during 'waving flag' stage)

I am trying to get 32GB of RAM (F3-1600C9Q-32GXM) to run on an MSI 890GXM-G65.

Processor: AMD Phenom II 1100T Black Edition
    Boot drive: 128 GB SSD
    RAID 0 array (2 x 1.5 TB)

This is to replace 16GB of G.SKILL F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL, which worked just fine at 10% FSB overclock (hardware setting via DIP switches).

I have:

- updated BIOS to latest version
    - removed all overclocking
    - tested memory via BIOS tool (good)
    - followed the instructions at the following page (including 'fail-safe' settings)

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

Admittedly, this memory is not on the HCL for this motherboard, but I'd really like to make it work rather than ship it back.

Try raising DRAM voltage + 0.075 and add another + 0.06 to the CPU/NB - a bit of a CPU OC will help

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Also, make sure you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

I appreciate your time.

Tried the above changes (and BIOS is on the latest version), and the best I get is freezing at the windowpane, rather than auto-reboot.

I have some Googling to do, as it appears to hang when loading AHCIx64S. After 4 days of playing with settings, I'm thinking I may either have to swap memory for something on the HCL or swap motherboards.

Not too keen on the new motherboard idea FWIW. :-)

Comment

May have a corrupt file if it keeps hanging there, could do is try booting into Win under safe mode (System off, power on, start tapping the F8 key slowly as it goes into the BIOS screen, then Win will come up with options for SAFE MODE, go into SAFE MODE, go to START, and in the search box enter SFC /SCANNOW

This is Windows auto System File Checker, it will run through the Windows files and ensure they are all good, if your AHCIx64S.SYS is corrupt, it will replace with a good stored version...While in safe mode might be worthwhile to run MalwareBytes and a Virus Scan also

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X