Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws X Series (2 x 8GB) F3-2133C9D-16GXH and Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH

Hi.

I'm new to recent PC builds so please go easy on me. I don't think my newly purchased G.Skill Ripjaws X series set is running at optimal specs on this mobo. Please take a look at BIOS pic and 2 CPU-Z pics below. The BIOS frequency defaults to only 1333Mhz and 2133Mhz (right column) (what these are rated as) is actually "grayed-out" and can't be changed.

SETUP:

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K Ivy Bridge, 3.5 GHz
    MEM: GV.Skill Ripjaws X Series (2 x 8GB) F3-2133C9D-16GXH

Please advice. Thank you so much in advance!
    Attached Files

You're spot on, the CPU-Z SPD tab is for info purposes only, showing the programming data from the SPD, see my info thread under General Discussions on CPU-Z here

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10565

The Memory tab shows true timings you are running and actual freq - 1067.1, remember this is DDR3 (DOUBLE Data Rate3) so you take the 1067.1 x 2 and arrive at 2133 (here 2134.2), your UEFI shows you are using XMP, Profile 1, under AUTO and at 2133 - to change you need to flip to manual

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Awesome! Thank you so much for prompt and informative answer!

Comment

No problem, there's some other info threads under General Discussions you might find of interest also, keep in touch

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X