Need help getting timings correct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help getting timings correct

I just finished a new build and I am having problems with my ram. Here is my build:

CPU: Intel i7 3770k
    MOBO: MSI Z77a-G43
    HD: Samsung 840 Professional Series 128gb
    Ram: G.Skill 16gb 1600mhz - F3-1600C9D-16GXM
    Power Supply: Corsair HX650

In the BIOS I enabled XMP and manually set the speed to 1600. But I am still not gettting the correct speed. By looking at CPU-Z you can see that it is only running at PC3-10700 which is only 1333mhz. I have the ram installed in dimms 2 and 4 of my mobo and it is running in dual channel but I am not getting the correct speed and I need some help. Everything in ClickBIOS is set to auto for the ram.

Somehow this was placed in the wrong place. Can a mod please move this to DDR3? Sorry for this.

Comment

You are looking at the SPD tab, which is the settings inside the SPD of the DRAM. Take a look under the Meomory TAB, which will show the freq you are running, which should be +/- 800 as this is DDR (DOUBLE Data Rate)

See my info thread on CPU-Z here for a fuller explanation

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10565

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

So cpu-z is showing that the ram is running at 800x2 for each stick? Why is the control center showing the ram running at 1333?

Comment

If CPU-Z is showing 800 as the freq in the memory tab, Id say you are at 1600, on the Memory window you show from MSI control center it appears to be showing info from the SPD, same as the SPD tab shows in CPU-Z. Why it shows as 1333 in the center image, the Control Panel OC tab, I can only guess that is showing the mobo default speed, I quit using their mobos a couple years ago, so seldom see or work on them.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X