No announcement yet.

BSOD Caused by RAM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try the DRAM up to 1.55 and might want to try the VCCSA to 1.1, would help to know the secondary timings - if they are off Auto doesn't mean anything, the timings can differ depending on CPU, BIOS version, a lot of things

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The Secondary Timings -

DRAM RAS# to RAS# Delay CHA: 5, CHB: 5

DRAM REF Cycle Time CHA: 128, CHB: 128

DRAM Refresh Interval CHA: 6240, CHB: 6240

DRAM WRITE Recovery Time CHA: 12, CHB: 12

DRAM READ to PRE Time CHA: 6, CHB: 6

DRAM FOUR ACT WIN Time CHA: 24, CHB: 24

DRAM WRITE to READ Delay CHA: 6, CHB: 6

DRAM CKE Minimum pulse width CHA: 4, CHB: 4

DRAM CAS# Write Latency CHA: 8, CHB: 8

DRAM RTL(CHA) CHA DO: 32, CHA D1: 37

DRAM RTL(CHB) CHB DO: 32, CHB D1: 38

DRAM IO-L(CHA) CHA DO: 0, CHA D1: 1

DRAM IO-L(CHB) CHB DO: 0, CHB D1: 2

These are all the ones I said were set to auto.

Comment

Those look pretty good, how is it with the adjusted voltages

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Oh I didn't change the voltages yet. I wanted to post the secondary timings so you can see if they are ok before I switch anything.

Comment

Let us know how the voltage changes work

Tman

Comment

Ok I changed the voltages. Is it normal for my PC to just turn off when I changed these?

It turned off and I had to manually go and push the power button to turn it on.

Comment

Not if done via the BIOS, so guessing you are using the Windows software for the motherboard, would suggest any changes to timings, voltages, etc ALWAYS be done via BIOS/UEFI. If it just shuts off when doing it in the BIOS it's normally from an extreme large change (which is probably wrong) or there's a bug in the BIOS or the mobo has a problem

Tman

Comment

I changed the voltages in BIOS. In BIOS does X.M.P have to be enabled? Because it's not.

I also just had another "Memory Management" BSOD. This time my PC ran chkdisk for some reason. I know for sure I didn't schedule to run this on my next startup.

Comment

Yes, enable XMP, then noot shut down and boot back to BIOS to make sure XMP is still on and that it set your timings correctly

Tman

Comment

Yeah I am still getting BSOD even after changing the voltages.

I'm going to try each stick 1 at a time to see if 1 of them is bad. When I do this do I need to edit anything in the BIOS? Or do I just install the new RAM and boot my PC like normal?

Comment

May want to download and run Memtest on the sticks, or if you want to use Windows diagnostics, just go to one stick and boot as normal

Tman

Comment

I ran Windows Diagnostics and it said my memory was fine. Does that usually mean that there isn't a problem with my RAM?

Comment

Yep, may be a snag in the BIOS, do you have or can you borrow some other sticks to try. If the same problem, then prob the CPU or mobo or BIOS

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X