No announcement yet.

F3-1700cl11d-8gbsr 16gb help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COuld be a few things, bad mobo, bad BIOS, weak/bad 8350, bad stick in the set (can check w/ Memtest or on a different system)....

There's a lot of variable that play in also, first is the mobo, and like all mobos thay advertise what DRAM can be 'USED', though they don't say 'used'....think your mobo is 'rated' up to 2000 or 2200 DRAM - the big thing here is when they 'test' sticks it's done at the mobo default, generally either 1333 or 1600, not at the DRAMS Specs (either the freq or the timings) so if you have 2133/CL9 it is probably tested at 1333/1600 CL9.......very deceptive! See my info thread here:

http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

This is one of the reasons that if you call them on 1866 or better sticks, they tell you (generally) to go to the DRAM manufacturer. (more in the above info thread)

Next the CPU, in particular AMD CPUs, they have gone to great lengths to put out the word that the 8350 runs 1866 'natively', they did the same with the 8150 (I went to war with them on that), after our little war, the advertising was changed to indicate the FX CPUs can RUN 'UP TO 1866 AT 1 DIMM PER CHANNEL', and that was with 4GB sticks - with the 8150 few could run 4 sticks at 1866 (16GB). Same is true with the 8350, 1 DIMM per Channel at 1866 (the FX series are actually 'native' 1333 CPUs.

Also, as with any CPU of a series, there are the norm CPUs, then there are some stronger than the norm and some weaker - this is true with most any CPU line, i.e. there are a few 3570Ks that can run 32GB of 2400 DRAM, most top out w/ 32GB at 2133/2200 (without extreme voltage/temps). The below is a DRAM freq guide that AMD has had sort of hidden away:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...encyguide.aspx

If the sticks test OK on another rig, or get through Memtest fine on rig, then it's generally the BIOS/the CPU/the mobo or the install (short/bent pins/etc) could look at my info thread Bench It for some troubleshooting help:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11279

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well I am positive its not a hardware issue or pins bend...

Comment

Might check with the mobo manufacturer, I just don't understand them advertising mobos as running 2133/2400 etc when realistically AMD doens't have any CPUs for the socket that can run them, unless it's maybe 1 stick

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yeah I agree it doesnt make any sense cause of gigabyte website it says this To support a DDR3 1866 MHz (and above) memory, you must install an AMD AM3+ CPU first. Which I have a AM3+, 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory (
          Dual channel memory architecture, Support for DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz memory modules. Ive tried to contact them on phone but talked to some guy who didnt know what he was talking about :/
          Last edited by Ursopro; 12-09-2012, 05:02 PM.

Comment

That often happens with them I've found, might try

ggtse@gigabyte.com.tw

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X