F3-1700cl11d-8gbsr 16gb help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-1700cl11d-8gbsr 16gb help!!

I have 16GB of F3-1700CL11D-8GBSR 4x4gig in my Gigabyte GA-990FX UD3 Version1.1 with a AMD 8350FX. I tried to get it to run at 2133mhz with the 11-11-11-30 timings and I get a bios failure due to overclocking, I even tried 1866mhz it only will load 1600 default. I had just 8gigs for couple days tell got the other exact kit today and it ran fine with EOCP settings at 2133mhz but had to manual put in the 11-11-11-30 timings. For some reason it wont work with 16gb. Not sure what other timings are suppose to be, please help

First thing, any time you mix sets, it can be problematic - even of the same exact model - it's always best to buy a single set - that way the sticks are all tested to work together. This is especially true with AMD as they have weaker MCs (memory controllers) than do Intel CPUs. Also, the 8350 is rated to 1866 at 1 DIMM PER CHANNEL or 2 total, so while many have been able to run 2133 with a pair of sticks, running 4 sticks at that I have yet to see (I'm people have done it, just haven't seen it yet). Might try resetting the CMOS, then set freq to 1866 with stock timings and raise DRAM voltage to 1.65 also add + 0.10 to the CP/NB voltage. If no luck there, might try 1600 initially with the voltages as above and timings of 10-10-10-30

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well thats a bummer if you can't with 16gigs. Well I am gonna try the 1866 settings now. What are all the timings I should use with that? like row precharge time, write recovery time, twtr command delay ect. Thanks!

Comment

Those can very from mobo to mobo (even on the same model) and also based on the CPU, with your rig I'd start with Spec timings for the base, then in the advanced secondary start with tWR 16, tRFC 178, tRRD 8, tWTR 9, tRTP 9, tFAW 27 and tCWL 7 and leave any others at what AUTO has them at....also if your BIOS doesn't have all of these, don't worry

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well it wont even do 1866mhz which is sad it should be able to ugh. only boots with 1600mhz and its rather slow is there better timings I could use. or something think almost be better use 8gb at 2133mhz how i had it.

Comment

Can you post your timings (base and advanced) as well as your system voltages and freq settings

Tman

Comment

Yea just give me a few minutes and ill upload some pictures of bios because I am not sure about other settings besides main ones.

Comment

Here are the settings I was trying to use for 1866mhz but didnt work. Seems only 1600 works and if you think I can only do 1600 what think fastest timings would be if I had to downclock them to 1600 :/ Thanks

Comment

Have you tried DOCP or XMP using the 1866 profile? or might take a look at the 1866 thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11742

Tman

Comment

Well that shows tRFC at 208, and the 32GB set calls for 314 or so, the other timings look more like those for a 16 GB set also

Tman

Comment

Okay well those settings seem to be fine then for the 1866? which one is the tRFC in the bios on there row cycle time? Yea I am running 16gb not 32gb. Ive been trying to get it working 1866 at least for couple hours lol guess 1600 is all might run at. Which reason bought these is for higher speeds lol

Comment

Think maybe the one kit got today might be bad?

Comment

Here is memory speeds at 1600 8-8-8-24 not sure if there that good of speeds.

13363 mb read, 10215mb write, 16901mb copy, 55.8ns latency
                          Last edited by Ursopro; 12-07-2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

I'll be in the field most of the day, will take a closer look later this PM

Tman

Comment

Okay great because I should be able to run this at 1866mhz at least with 16gb doesnt make sense at all my mobo supports it. Running 8gb now at 2133mhz cause its faster then 16gb running them lower at 1600 :/ Has be something missing here plus 2133mhz should be bit faster then speeds I have gotten

Comment

Working...
                              X