No announcement yet.

G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 2133 issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could try a little more on the DRAM voltage, maybe the mobo isn't regulating voltage properly...and yes, definitely try the newest Memtest

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well switched back to 9-11-11-31 2N and put 1.65v on the DRAM and ran memtest86 v4.20 for 2 hours and got 0 errors. Not sure how many passes but right now friend is running Prime and Aida64 to see if its stable. Not too sure about having that much on volts almost 80% of the web says not too, and certain overclocking sites says its essential with overclocking your memory and your CPU in order to achieve stability. At this point i think the worst case scenario would be that the board or something down the line will fry or maybe I am a tad paranoid. So far everything is looking good.. Thanks for the help tradesman, if it wasn't for people like you what would people like me do, lose my mind possibly. Thank You.
      Last edited by Gio2vanni86; 12-13-2012, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Know how you feel, but alot of pundits also say you can't run more than 1.5 on DDR3, prob because they don't really understand DRAM and what is involved in OCing, nor do they understand that mobos and PSUs also play in and don't always read true voltage and regulation of voltage can vary from one setup to another. I had occasion to build multiple 'identical' systems (from 3 to 15+) and often find a multitude of different final settings to have things stable at any given CPU OC (DRAM voltages, MC voltages, CPU voltages, etc) DDR should be safe up through a min of 1.7 - big thing is, regardless of what you're running to keep voltages as low as possible.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X