Specs:
    Intel 3770k (stock 3.5GHZ)
    Cooler master hyper 212 Evo
    ASrock Z77 Extreme 4 Bios 2.50
    CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Antec 1100
    Windows Vista 64bit(SP2)
    My question is the memory when set to XMP or manually set i get a BSOD "Memory failure" if i go into bios and put auto which it puts the memory at 1333 everything runs great. How can i get this memory working at 2133. More volts? Different timings? OC CPU? Any help would be great as i only have a week and a half before the RMA process at newegg expires?

this memory kit should be able to handle 2133Mhz with your Extreme 4 as well, please update the latest version of 2.70 BIOS and try it again. or test the memory individually to see if any of them were defective. let us know if you still have same problem!

Comment

Updated Bios to 2.70, I manually entered the timings and the speed which i got off the G.skill website for the ram specifically http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=502 , ran a game and it seemed to be running great 0 BSOD's, the real test was when I ran memtest86 v4.0a. After running test#3 for 20 minutes it had 60+ errors and for some reason the test stopped, no idea why it stopped but it did. I then ran test 5 and identical results to test 3 got 30+ errors after 15 minutes of running. I tried the different XMP profiles and still no go, i also noticed that the XMP profiles for some reason had the DRAM volts to 1.615 Which i thought was a bit strange. Today plan to test the memory individually, a friend of mine is going to let me borrow a similar stick but G.skill 1600 and its completely compatible with the Z77 platform. Of course if his ram doesn't pull any errors i can make the assumption that its the memory for sure, and rule out that its the Motherboard or the CPU
      Last edited by Gio2vanni86; 12-10-2012, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Try raising the CPUVTT to 1.13

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The CPUVTT was at 1.141, i changed it(which in this case lowered it and still no go) Wondering if perhaps the board might be at fault here since the volts were already passed what you mentioned??? Take note that all settings in bios have not been altered at all, only the memory ones since day one that i got this board so figured it could be a board problem, whats your thoughts on this? Currently going to try each module, and each slot and see if i come out with anything. Thanks for the all help greatly appreciate it, will come back and update this as soon as i get the results for each individual memory/slot.
          Last edited by Gio2vanni86; 12-10-2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Is the CPU running at stock speed? If under XMP should be OCed to 3.8 - 3.9 or so for 2133

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The CPU seems to run different speeds varying depending on the load, but i noticed at full load like a week ago it was hitting 3.9(Turbo boost), now it hits 3.7. My friend's build with his G.skill 1600 set on XMP with his ASUS Z77 deluxe board keeps the CPU running at 3.8 constantly but it is a 3570k not a 3770k like mine. Think there might be an issue? I tested the memory but some of the tests came out strange, on test 3 for the first stick ran for about 35 mins and then some reason it booted into windows, the 2nd time i ran it it popped a bunch of numbers across the screen after 20 minutes or so couldn't see errors. The 2nd stick pulled errors. Going to run more tests tomorrow when i have the free time just updating to keep you informed on the progress, thanks a bunch be back soon.

Comment

That's Speedstep that takes it up and down in conjuctio wit turbo. Might try setting to 3.8 then or 3.9 and leave turbo and speedstep on....and if you can post your BIOS settings, I'll take a look at them later this PM and see if anything looks out of whack

Tman

Comment

So just an insider i've been posting this for my friend. The memory isn't on the compatible list for the board. From what he tells me he ran one stick in the A2 slot and no errors, ran the next memory module same slot and 0 errors, ran them both in the B2 slot and got 0 errors. For some reason he thinks its a dual channel problem but i doubt it because when we ran the memory at default at 1333 it passed memtest for 2 hours on both Test 3 and Test 5 meaning it is running in dual channel at 1333, i just think the board needs tweaking on volts or something to get both running up to 2133 i just don't know what. Heres some images of the bios and hopefully maybe you can help us out. In about 12 hours I am going to bring my build over his house and test my 1600 memory modules and possibly CPU if it comes to that, which i have a feeling will work perfectly fine at 1600 and pull 0 errors unless I'm wrong.

And before you see the images yes the XMP profile was on but we now set it back to auto for 1333 and saved and exited. Also i would like to note at default the DRAM Volts goes to 1.600 when XMP is on auto/default.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...0/IMAG0054.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...0/IMAG0053.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...0/IMAG0055.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...0/IMAG0056.jpg

Thanks for the help, hopefully you can help us get these up and running. Cheers!
                  Last edited by Gio2vanni86; 12-12-2012, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Well my friend took matters into his own hands and read that this board reads volts incorrectly, he set the ram volt to 1.65 and so far hasn't gotten errors in memtest for two hours. He OC'd his cpu to 4.6 and everything seems to be working, going to go check on it right now, and once again THANK YOU for all the help and support its appreciated.

Comment

Just glad to hear all is running well. Have a good one!

Tman

Comment

Actually my friend didnt test right. Errors left n right. He set the memory to 2200 at 1.615 n it only pulls a few errors but none the less we r still gettong errors. Sorry, any help?

Comment

Need more of an OC on the CPU (maybe 38), also the sticks may not be able to run 2200 with these timings, scale it back to 2133...what are the advanced timins at?

Tman

Comment

He did OC it to 4.5Ghz and we ran Prime/aida 64 for an hour and it was stable no errors or throttling we followed this guide http://www.overclock.net/t/1198504/c...asrock-edition, but when we ran memtest86 we pulled errors. As of now im reverting back to the RipjawS i was going to get him with 1600 at 10-10-10-30 2N 1.5 volts and hoping it passes. Any time we set it to 2133/2200(he set it to 2200 because from what he says 2133 did not pop up) with 1.6volts or anything higher then that with the timings of 9-11-11-31 2N it pops errors. I even tried relaxing the timings further by 12-12-12-34 2N it popped errors. So hoping if it runs at this rated speed of 1600 its possible its the memory not able to achieve its rated speed?
                            Last edited by Gio2vanni86; 12-13-2012, 03:35 AM.

Comment

While running memtest for about an hour and 8 minutes no errors but the screen popped a bunch of weird symbols across the screen not being able to see anything under it. Tried refreshing screen but nothing. Could it be a broken memtest or is that normal? Well i looked it up and seems running an older version that can cause those symbols to pop, will try 4.20 tomorrow but im sure at 1600 it won't pull errors. Will most likely Refund memory and get the sniper series 1600 which is on the compatible list and just lend him one of my 8GB memory modules.. I'm still very unsure about this build, i believe the memory has to be at fault, but with a PC like this at this stage, and time against me its really just a matter of refunding at least one component before my 30 days runs out with newegg. The CPU cannot be RMA'd or refunded since we had bought it at a microcenter, and the board although i hate it, it would leave him without a PC for more then two weeks.. Thanks for the help if you got any other idea's on how to get it to work please respond as quick as possible, but once again thanks for everything.
                              Last edited by Gio2vanni86; 12-13-2012, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X