Issues - G.Skill Sniper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues - G.Skill Sniper

I've been experiencing issues with random reboots and the system has been pretty unstable. I have the G.Skill Sniper memory (4 GB x 2 modules - F3-12800CL9S-4GBSR) installed on an ASUS M5A97 R2.0 motherboard. I've attached the Memtest86 results for you guys. The test has come up with 3639 errors so far. As suggested previously by one of the G.Skill support guys, DOCP has been enabled. I also have the motherboard BIOS updated to the latest one i.e. Version 1201 (http://in.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_..._R20/#download)

Do we need a memory replacement here? Also would like to know what exactly are those errors related to. Memory modules are in warranty.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, then if needed, try raising the DRAM voltage + 0.05 and the CPU/NB voltage + 0.06

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the assistance. I already had the BIOS updated to the latest one. After applying your suggested settings there seem to be no errors with the memory tests now.

I had also referred to the settings sent by the G.Skill support team (Link - http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688) however this did not work and Memtest86+ used to freeze at about 19% Any idea why?

Also, do you recommend enabling DOCP now?

Thanks for making my day.

Comment

If you are fine now, then No I wouldn't suggest it. DOCP, like XMP in ppart depends on the combination of hardware in the system and can also depend on the capabilities of the components (i.e. some may be stronger than others)....DOCP and XMP is good for getting a system up and running, but even with that you still may need manual settings to optimize things....so, once stable, can always jot down the settings for fallback, then experiment to see if you can sqeeze any more out the sticks without loosing the stability.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X