Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-2133C9D-16GXH What are the complete timings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might try 1.65

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

What is the max safe voltage for this kit?

Comment

I'd say 1.73 or so, I try to stick w/ 1.7 as max

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Cool, thanks Tman. Will try that in the next day or two.

Comment

As always, we'll be around

Tman

Comment

Bumping the voltage up to 1.7 did not help, it still BSOD with 9-10-10-31... So I might be at the best I can do with this: 9-11-10-31-14-179-7-6-7-26. What do you think, any improvements here I should try?

Comment

That looks pretty...possible to try 9-10-10-32 but doubt if you would see much improvement

Tman

Comment

This MB states in the manual that it has 2200 as a setting, but it is not available as a selection. I have e-mailed Biostar asking where the setting is, but so far all they have said is they do not support overclocking. I have responded by saying I just want to know where the setting is. Anyway it would be nice if I could try 2200. Do you have any experience with such a thing? 9-10-10-32 BSODs too, BTW.

Comment

I'm headed into the field, will be back this PM, let me do some research and I'll get back to you prob this PM (maybe early evening)...Have a feeling it's just BioStar

Tman

Comment

OK, thanks.

Comment

Couple of thoughts I PMed to you, check your personal messages.

Tman

Comment

I e-mailed GSkill Tech Support and he gave me 208 for tRFC to try using XMP2 settings and that is stable after over 14 hours Prime95. If you remember tRFC was way off. 208 seems very high to me and I might try testing a lower setting at some point. Voltages are all on Auto.

Comment

Definately, keep us updated if you will

Tman

Comment

GSkill tech support states that in order to get to 2200 then BCLK would need to be increased. The MB even if it had a 2200 setting would still be increasing BCLK to do this. This is probably the reason Biostar removed this setting, because when increasing BCLK too high the system would become very unstable. 103 x 21.33 = 2197 and that might work to get to 2200, but now the whole system could become unstable and not just the memory. I think I will stay at 2133, it is very stable besides there are not many situations where I will even need that kind of speed. I have read the sweet spot for i5/i7 CPUs is 1600 anyway, but a few programs are very memory intensive and can take advanage of higher memory speeds, like decompression and compression programs.

Comment

Sounds good, I normally try to find what I consider the 'sweet spot' which basically is about as fast as things will go while maintaining stability and within reasonable voltages and temps....and it's generally much higher than 1600 for i5/i7s (especially the K models)....I've read a number of articles by the pundits that say 1600 and have often found they don't know DRAM....basically if it won't load under XMP then they are lost....couple of examples, have seen a few reviews of DRAM stating as a negative the DRAM DIDN"T LOAD THE CORRECT XMP SETTINGS INTO THE BIOS, and obviously it can't! The DRAM contains it's programmed SPD info which simply provides information the systems BIOS, it's then up to the BIOS to translate that info into the correct setting for the particular mobo to implement, and sadly the BIOSs in most mobos aren't (to this day anyway) fully ready for XMP and DRAM, especially high freq and high density sticks/sets....a lot of these reveiwers seem to the the DRAM just magically goes in to every mobo on the planets and makes all the adjustments (you'd almost have to put a hard drive on a stick of DRAM to load all the possible mobo and CPUs combos availabel out there, and maybe stick a CPU on the sticks to manage everything. Also seen a number of reviews where they say the DRAM won't run at advertised freq when they are testing with a CPU that isn't even capable of running at that freq, or it has a limitation on the number of sticks or amount of DRAM (this happens a lot with AMD CPUs when they try and test fast/big sets, because the AMD CPUs have weaker MCs (memory controllers than Intel CPUs).

Like you, I just want the most out of the sticks, and with higher freq, you get higher bandwidth), it may not be substatially more from say 2133 to 2400, but if you running memory intensive things, a RAM Drive, running multiple VMs, doing image/video work, GIS, large databases/spreadsheets, etc, then every MB of bandwidth comes in handy

Tman

Comment

Working...
                                X