Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-2133C9D-16GXH What are the complete timings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-2133C9D-16GXH What are the complete timings?

Got my new memory sticks and tried XMP 1 and 2 and both have RFC at 22! Now I know that is way too low and the computer would not even boot with it at that. I put it on 180 and it booted. What are the complete timings for this kit?

Thanks the the help

Mobo/CPU? It can vary a bit from mobo to mobo - getting a 22 sounds like a ASRock, BioStar, or some models of GB (ttheir BIOSs not yet prime for 8GB sticks, but I'd try tRFC 175, tRRD 7, tWTR 8, tRTP 8, tFAW 27 and tWR 16, CR (Command Rate/Timing, may be in a different spot 2T, DRAM voltage at spec, and possibility of VCCIO at 1.14 or (if needed)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

MB is a Biostar TZ68A+ with a i5 2500k. RFC at 175 will not boot, I tried 179 and that seems to be ok. I set the others to what you suggested. I going to test and see if I get any errors. Does GSkill have official timings for this memory?

Thanks for the settings so quick

Comment

There are timings in the SPD, the problem is, each BIOS takes those numbers and interperupts them for the hardware on their mobo, so it will change from mobo to mobo and also depending on the CPU used and the OC of the CPU, I normally start with it about 4 GHz with 1866 and up sticks. The tRFC is the time to reset everything sort of so too low and it can mess up stability, I started in the 170s as I like things tight for best performance, many normally run these up in the 180s and even higher, not all sets can run extremely tight, can use VCCIO and DRAM voltage to help stabilize also

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have the CPU at 4.2 GHz, this is very stable with default voltage. I could down clock it to 4 GHz to have a starting point if need be. I have the kit at 2133 and it has done one pass of MemTest86+ so far with no errors. I also want to get the most out of these and so tight timings are what I want, but I must have stability too. I will run Prime95 tomorrow and would like to see over 12 hours without errors and really 24 would be best. When I had 2 kits on this MB I could not get it stable unless I clocked it at 1866. If I remember right, I am at work now, the SPD for this kit showed 9-9-9. RFC was 174. Are you saying that I could run this kit at those timings or that it is just a starting point?

Comment

That's a quasi stock JEDEC timings - the base for this set is 9-11-11-31 tRFC is base at 174, I'd start with that, then tighten down from there, maybe start with 9-11-10-31 then 9-10-10-31, etc, in the advanced could try tRRD 6, tWTR 7, tRTP 7, tFAW 26

Tman

Comment

Got it, Tman. Will try tomorrow and update you.

Thank you very much, JW

Comment

I'll be around

Tman

Comment

Tman, the memory seems to be working about 10 hours Prime95 error free. VCCIO is at 1.14, when it was at 1.1 it did not pass. The timings are very lose for now and will tighten up over the next days to weeks.

Comment

Sounding good, keep us updated....as you tighten timings may need to raise DRAM voltage and/or the VCCIO slightly

Tman

Comment

As you know I use Prime95 to test. The problem with it is it takes a long time to show errors. Are there any programs that you use that are faster or better?

Comment

I like Prime, and generally will fire it up as I go to bed or just run it for a few hours, which will generally give you a good idea as far as stability. On my own systems, a lot is just using them. Could look at Hyper PI, or there's a variety of tools here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10511

Tman

Comment

So far I have it stable with over 12 hrs P95 at settings 9-11-10-31-14-179-7-6-7-26. Next I think I will try 9-10-10 with the rest the same. Voltages are 1.62/1.14.

Comment

Lookin' good! Keep us updated

Tman

Comment

Tried 9-10-10-31 this morning and got a BSOD on boot. Wonder if I up the voltage if that would help it boot? What voltage do you think? It is at 1.62 now.

Comment

Working...
                              X