Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick question about F3-1600C9D-16GXM

Hi,

I have 4 pair of G.Skill ram and i have just bought F3-1600C9D-16GXM at last.

Cpu-z (memory) displays 9-9-9-24
    on cpu-z (spd section):
    max bandwith: pc3-10700 (667mhz)
    manufacturer:G.Skill
    part number: F3-16900C9-GXM

My question is why maximum bandwith seems 1333Mhz ram while i have 1600Mhz?
    The other ripjaws i have ddr3 2x4gb 1600, 2x2gb 1600 and two 2x4gb 1866.

What shows in MAX BANDWIDTH is what CPU-Z pulle off the SPD of the DRAM as an initial boot speed (i.e. to match up with the mobos default) - a little better explained in this info thread I wrote:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10565

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply.

So, you mean

max bandwith: pc3-10700 (667mhz) is true for ddr3 1600mhz 16gb ram?

Did i understand correct? If not should i send back them where i bought for change?

edit: i also see on the ASUS p8p67 bios spd information, displayed max bandwith 1333mhz. i do not remember has or has not this issue for other gskills i have.
      Last edited by electrolover; 10-07-2012, 03:57 AM.

Comment

That's just the default boot settings for the DRAM when installed - you need to set it to 1600, which is the spec speed

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yes of course xmp and ddr3-1600 selected on the BIOS this is why i am asking this question.

does it usual to seem max bandwith (on the bios and cpu-z) 1333mhz even selected xmp and ddr3-1600 on the BIOS (i have the latest BIOS update -asus p8p67- i7 2600k - F3-16900C9-16GXM) ?

when bootup screen comes it shows 1600mhz but still i could not not sure because of the cpu-z and asus bios spd information.

if this kit faulty i will send it back to where i bought it.

Comment

Look at CPU-Z in the Memory tab, it will show the timings and the freq (which should appear as 800 since this is DDR (DOUBLE data rate) so 800 x 2 = 1600)....as I stated before, if you read the thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10565

it explains what shows in CPU-Z

Tman

Comment

i have look at 4gb gskill on asus bios spd info and cpu-z, below you can see difference.
              cpu-z and asus bios displays same spd info.both of them 1600mhz but my new ram seems 1333mhz.can we say this 2x8gb ram sticks faulty or not?thank you a lot for quick replies.

Comment

Look at the memory tab in CPU-Z and post it - the SPD tab is the sticks programming not what you are running and means nothing as I've explained

maybe this is better:

Hafıza sekmesinden değil, spd sekmesini kontrol edin.SPD sekmesi sadece size ?alışan, ne bilgi değildir programlama.Bellek sekmesinde bu 800. yaklaşık bir frekans g?stermek gerekir
                Last edited by Tradesman; 10-07-2012, 12:45 PM.

Tman

Comment

Both of them 800Mhz on the Memory tab, both of them okay.
                  My concern is, while both running at 1600Mhz why this 2x8GB sticks max bandwith seems 1333Mhz both CPU-Z and Asus motherboard BIOS?
                  Does it point an error or fault for ram or does it okay?
                  Last edited by electrolover; 10-07-2012, 02:08 PM. Reason: typo error correction

Comment

Did you read the thread about CPU-Z that I have referenced twice now. What shows in the Max Bandwidth window is nothing more than what the original install boot speed will be - it has nothing to do with how fast you are running or can run. It's nothing more than a specification....just like the timings may show 9-9-9-24 on the label, it doesn't mean you have to run at that or that is all it will run at

Tman

Comment

okay thank you for the informations.

Comment

No problem

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X