No announcement yet.

2400mhz trident X(2x4gb) + biostar TZ77EX4 running slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's worth a try, I know the BIOS on my ASRock was rock solid after I worked with them to set up fast sticks and get them to release the lock on the tRFC setting, then they reverted back to the lock and folks were having all kinds of problems through the next 2 or 3 versions

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Alright I went back to the bios that was posted in April, and the speeds are actualy vastly improved, so I think that parts solved, just a messed up new bios they released. Unfortunately the problems don't stop there, now whenever I save the settings in my bios and exit to windows, everything is fine, as soon as I reset or turn off/on my PC and boot into windows, everything is set at stock settings, CPU and memory speeds, having to go into the bios everytime I reset will get very annoying. Anyone else experience this problem?

Comment

I'll drop GSkill Tech a note to take a look here, hopefully it will be today, meantime can write to rma@gskillusa.com and see what they say

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          I'll drop GSkill Tech a note to take a look here, hopefully it will be today, meantime can write to rma@gskillusa.com and see what they say
          I've been talking to a gskill tech, sent him some pictures and what not and he said he was gonna take a look into it and test it out himself

Comment

Sounds good, let us know what you find, may have gotten a corrupt BIOS or it's a fix they haven't implemented yet

Tman

Comment

Got an update from the gskill tech about my problem

"Good news, we did confirm it was an issue with BIOS. Biostar will be working on an update so you should see that shortly to solve this problem"

Good to know that it wasn't my hardware so to speak, thanks Tradesman for the help

Comment

No problem, I try hard, these BIOS issues with all the manufacturers continue to be a pain, they obviously weren't considering how many folks want high density, high speed DRAM

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X