2400mhz trident X(2x4gb) + biostar TZ77EX4 running slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2400mhz trident X(2x4gb) + biostar TZ77EX4 running slow

I recently bought some Trident X 2400mhz DDR3 memory(10-12-12-31 timings). I?ve installed it into my Biostar TZ77XE4 motherboard which is paired with a Intel 3770k processor running @ 4.7 ghz. I can get it to boot and run staple with either XMP1 or the XMP2 profiles. CPU-Z and other programs report it running at the correct timings. The only problem is, when I run the AIDA64 or Sandra or even the 3d mark 2011 physics benchmarks, the memory bandwidth scores are very low. They are lower than my previous 1866mhz memory and are right around on par with my old 1600mhz ripjaws, maybe a bit slower. Any help would be appreciated. It won't break 20,000 m/b write/read/or copy speeds.

Do you have the latest BIOS? If GSkill Tech doesn't pop in sooner, I'll be back out here later this PM

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yes, updated to the latest bios last week

Comment

there are the best scores I could get with AIDA64

Comment

And here's my samsung ram running @1866 mhz but set to the same basic timings as the Gskill(10-12-12-31-2t)

Comment

Don't know - my first thought would be the BIOS is setting the secondary timings off, which is is causing them to do less per clock cycle. If you can post those I'll see if anything pops out looking off. Could also try a different BM (Benchmark in the event that Aida does like what it runs into with this particular mobo, maybe try PassMark, Si-Sandra, MaxxMem, etc.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I'll post the advanced timings in a bit when i get home, my maxxmem and sandra are also embarrassingly slw, i really don't know what else it could be, i don'teven know if i could rma them since they technically boot and are stable....just terrible performance

Comment

there's the advanced timings, at least according to aida64

Comment

Might give them a try at CL9 or try the CR at 1T....but have a feeling it's the mobo/BIOS.....I had a number of problems w/ BioStar boards back with the P67s and haven't gone back to them...sorry, but that was a personal decision by me

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                    Might give them a try at CL9 or try the CR at 1T....but have a feeling it's the mobo/BIOS.....I had a number of problems w/ BioStar boards back with the P67s and haven't gone back to them...sorry, but that was a personal decision by me
                    I can't get it to post @ cl 9 or by changing the command rate to 1t, what am I supposed to do, rma it? Then they'd just send me back the same ram I'd imagine, it does list the TZ77xe4 as qualified on their compatibility list, I'm lost on what to do

Comment

GSkill prob has the mobo and there may know something further, or it could be that yes they do work fine and that's simply the bandwidth that the mobo is allowing at 2400, think JEDEC spec calls for like 19,000 or so, I'll drop GSkill Tech a note to take a look, he'll prob be in either Mon or Tues next

Tman

Comment

k,thankyou!

Comment

Another thing, why is windows reporting 7388mb of total memory, so does maxxmem? I'm almost positive it says 8gb when I'm running my samsungs or 1600mhz gskills...

n/m, just put the samsungs in, it's reporting 7388 as well, very odd, I don't recall my sandybridge system reporting that
                          Last edited by y2kcamaross; 09-21-2012, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Prob the mobo is allocating some of the DRAM off to the GPU, are you running the onboard GPU or a stand alone graphics card, if it's a card, might make sure the on board is diabled and the primary graphics setting isn't on board or PCI, but at PCI-E

Tman

Comment

thanks, i had memory mapping disabled in the bios, so even though I'm using my 680's it was still reserving memory for the hd4000, i wonder if reverting back to the previous bios would fix the ram speed? the newest one just got released a month ago

Comment

Working...
                              X