Trident 2400 32GB XMP vs CPUZ SPD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trident 2400 32GB XMP vs CPUZ SPD

Last edited by Fooba; 10-08-2012, 02:06 PM.

What CPU are you running? what mobo? what BIOS? There are few CPUs capable of carrying 2400 sticks, i.e. the X79 based K models and the 1155 based 3570K and 3770K. CPU-Z doesn't always read things correctly: see

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10565

and the BIOS may not be ready for 2400 sticks, therefore it shows whatever the BIOS considers to be the closest timings it is capable of

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Last edited by Fooba; 10-08-2012, 02:07 PM.

Comment

If XMP not working, can test each stick w/ Memtest individually (4-5 passes) to see if possibly a bad stick. Otherwise, my next guess would be the BIOS isn't ready for the sticks, if you can post your BIOS settings, particulary the System voltages, DRAM Timings and especially the Advanced/secondary DRAM timings, I think we can you you running at 2400. I've got this same set of sticks you have running on a Z77 with a 3570K. Am heading out the door now till prob early this PM, so no super rush to get the post up

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Comment

Ok, let's try a couple different things here starting w/ voltages Asus can be picky, let's try VCCSA up to 1.25 (initially, will prob drop some when stable), VCCIO 1.18, PLL drop to 1.79, 2nd VCCIO to 1.08, then into the secondary timings very minor - REF Cycle Time to 320, FOUR ACT WIN Time down to 27 - Fun city, huh?

Tman

Comment

Comment

Yes, drop to 1.20 initially and see how that is....and your right on the tons of people, but it's not just this mobo, there are tons of mobos out there with problems....and IMO the mobo makers blew it, they didn't anticipate people wanted to jump like they have, 16GB is becoming entry level rapidly and the mobo makers are just starting to think about 8GB........so, again IMO, they aren't paying attention to 32+GB and therefore the BIOSs suffer. Another big problem is that in my business I pretty much end up dealing with most all the mobo makers and their techs, who aren't real strong on DRAM - especially the advanced timings and voltage issues - even on their own mobos. Might see my info thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Have a few other info threads under the General Discussions forum you might find interesting also

Been in the systems world since 1980, and have a few hundred builds, many of them high end and gaming rigs where folks want to pull every little bit out of a rig they can, so have picked up a lot over the years

Tman

Comment

Comment

Check all the settings and make sure none got change from when it was working well, if it had crashed or not wanting to boot, then it prob reverted the timings and or voltages back to their default or what they were setting under XMP

Tman

Comment

Last edited by Fooba; 10-08-2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Are you running the CPU on a static voltage or an offset...if Static try raising it + 0.06, if offset try up + 0.15

Tman

Comment

Last edited by Fooba; 10-08-2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Keep us posted

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X