No announcement yet.

Height of F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generally speaking, my stock line on mixing sets is that it can be problematic, even with the same model, and it's very true, however, that can apply to any two sets, but is seen most often on higher freq sets, in particular when XMP comes into play (which applies to 1600 and up freqs). Reason for this is XMP is programmed in the sticks for the packaged set, and while the basic timings don't change, when you get into the advanced settings/timings, in particular tRFC, it can change drastically in need from a 2 stick set to mixing two sets (4 sticks), as an example a single set might take 128 but with 3 sticks it might need 210 or more. 1600 seems to be fairly safe to mix and 1333 is even safer as most mobo are tested at these freqs and they put time in to the BIOS so it can generally set the advanced timings automatically with a fair amount of reliability. A single 4 stick set would be best if even considering the need for 4 sticks, but with 1333 we can prob get them to play nice with at most slight voltage adjustments.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X