No announcement yet.

2 sets of F3-14900CL8D-8GBXM degraded within a month on Asus P8Z77-v pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my offset was around .030 or so (I forget). It was sitting around 1.27-8ish at load and about 1.1v at idle. When I tune it up again I'm going to turn up the load line calibration a notch so I can get the idle voltage closer to stock with the same load voltage. I left c states on and oc'd only with turbo boost. I really want to keep all of the power saving stuff to keep my pc a powerful electricity sipper.

Comment

Keep us updated on your progress.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

One hour of prime 95 blend and 8 hours of memtest86 with no errors. Thanks for holding my hand. You're my good luck charm.

Comment

I try, glad to hear it's going well

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Bummer. Failed gold memory test on the first pass during test 28 or something like that. I think my motherboard just doesn't like this ram.

Comment

Might try w/ C states off, they try and reign things in when running BMs and things like Prime

Tman

Comment

gskill

I tried the same test at 1600 11-11-11-28 and passed fine. I then tried xmp profile 1 with 1.56v. I got slightly less errors but still a lot right around the same place in the test. I'm not sure I should have to mess with c states to get this ram to run at rated speed but I may.

Comment

Another possible, which sounds crazy but often works, is to enable XMP, boot to Win, shut down and go back to BIOS, the proper timings should show and indicate as in AUTO, then manually insert the proper basic timings as well as freq and CR and see what happens (and leave XMP enabled)

Tman

Comment

Tradesman, you are the best and have been great. If anyone could help me it's you. Unfortunately my motherboard just doesn't like this ram and I have to sell it. It was almost stable but it's just too much trouble and I'd rather not bump voltages and take chances. I got a new set of ddr3-2133 that boots and runs stable (apparently, at first glance) just by enabling xmp profile #1. It made it through a pass of goldmemory on the first try without tweaking anything. I think maybe I have a weak imc on my cpu or something that doesn't like tighter timings. I'm just guessing but all I know is cas 10 at 2133 works right off the bat. I have nothing against gskill and still have my first set I ever bought from them running in my stepdads pc from about 8 years ago. I'm just too tired to mess with it anymore and my pc just won't work with this set with any current bios on this motherboard. I'm worn out and need to move on. Thank you again for everything.

Comment

Well, we tried, might keep an eye on the mobo site and watch for BIOS updates, there's a ton of mobos out there that are way behind on catching up to performance sticks

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                        Well, we tried, might keep an eye on the mobo site and watch for BIOS updates, there's a ton of mobos out there that are way behind on catching up to performance sticks
                        I'm sure that's all it is and the mobo will support it one day. I just can't wait to see if asus makes another bios or not and keep going through this over and over. Gotta have my rig working right. It'll be awesome in the hopefully compatible motherboard of whoever I sell it to. It would have been sweet if it worked out since I prefer tighter timings to maximum mhz but oh well, it wasn't in the cards this time.

Comment

Sometimes that's how the cards fall, glad you're up and running, keep in touch

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X