Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried 195. Still very unstable. On the bright side I am able to tighten the settings to 4-4-4-12 at 800, lol. But still no 1066!

Comment

You can go to CL4-4-3-10 (+ drop every single value what your BIOS allows you to drop) even on 800Mhz. on either of setups only advantage you get at speeds over 900Mhz and on other ratio than 1:2 speed would have to be +1081Mhz to gain real advantage of the memory speed.

Hell, you can easily do CL6-6-5-14 hit everything else to Auto and drop that to 1100Mhz. That would be faster but stable at least faster what your system can handle.
      Last edited by genetix; 09-11-2009, 11:41 AM.
      "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
      http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Rugger1, what processor do you have? Not that it fixes the situation, but DDR2-800 CL4 has faster write/copy speeds most of the time.. you should pull up Everest Ultimate and see what the benchmark speeds are just to see.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I have the Phenom II X3 720 with the 4th processor unlocked. Is unstable with just the default 3 also.

genetix what do you mean 1100mhz? The only options are for 800 or 1066. Are you talking about fsb overclock or something?

Comment

Are you talking about fsb overclock or something?
            Yes, I am.
            "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
            http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Anyone still having issues operating DDR2-1066? I am directly working with GIGABYTE with this issue and we are looking for cases to solve. Please email directly to ustech@gskill.com with subject "GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P problem" and we will help you resolve your problems.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I am still getting errors with prime95 with the latest F7 bios update running these 8GB of rams @ 1066. Yes, I tried increasing my Row Cycle Time to 42T, still doesn't change a thing.
                Last edited by retsamradassaT; 09-30-2009, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Without a HT Voltage option, this motherboard/processor will have issues operating the memory at DDR2-1066. Hopefully Gigabyte will resolve this.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

i set my memory timings as close to this as i could. btw this is what the email told me to set them at. and i have no errors in memtest or prime 95. i ran memtest for 5 hours and prime 95 for 8. i have a 550be unlocked and overclocked.

Cas lataency - 4t

Ras to cas - 4t

Row precharge - 4t

Min ras - 12t

1t/2t - 2t

Twtr command - 4t

Trfco - 127.5 / 127.5

Write recovery - 6t

Precharge - 3t

Row cycle -30t

Ras to ras - 4t
                    Last edited by pb3176; 10-03-2009, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pb3176 View Post
                      i set my memory timings as close to this as i could. btw this is what the email told me to set them at. and i have no errors in memtest or prime 95. i ran memtest for 5 hours and prime 95 for 8. i have a 550be unlocked and overclocked.

Cas lataency - 4t

Ras to cas - 4t

Row precharge - 4t

Min ras - 12t

1t/2t - 2t

Twtr command - 4t

Trfco - 127.5 / 127.5

Write recovery - 6t

Precharge - 3t

Row cycle -30t

Ras to ras - 4t
                      Is Trfc2 for DIMM2 set to 127.5 as well?
                      Are you also running 8GB?

Comment

im only running 4 gig right now but yes both sticks are set at 127.5

Comment

did anyone figure out how to run 8gb @ 1066

Comment

dont know if you read the previous posts but this is what the tech said a few posts back.

"Without a HT Voltage option, this motherboard/processor will have issues operating the memory at DDR2-1066. Hopefully Gigabyte will resolve this.

Thank you
                            GSKILL SUPPORT"

so unless gigabyte puts that voltage option in the bios i will say no one will get there memory at 1066 and be stable.
                            Last edited by pb3176; 10-04-2009, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Any chance you could post your BIOS settings, is acc control disabled? if so might try at Auto

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

here are my exact settings in my bios. i also disabled epp and manually set my memory to run at 800 mhz. im not using any auto settings for my memory. and it is stable in memtest with no errors.
                                yes i have acc enabled and my cpu is unlocked running 4 cores are 3.6 stable with no errors in prime 95.

Cas lataency - 4t

Ras to cas - 4t

Row precharge - 4t

Min ras - 12t

1t/2t - 2t

Twtr command - 3t

Trfco - 127.5 / 127.5

Write recovery - 6t

Precharge - 3t

Row cycle -26t

Ras to ras - 4t

Comment