Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have tried all of the above and still cannot get my system to run stable at 1066.

I changed the Row Cycle Time to 27T and came up to a black screen with a blinking cursor.

I used this for the rest:

CAS# latency - 5T
    RAS to CAS R/W Delay - 5T
    Row Precharge Time - 5T
    Minimum RAS Active Time - 15T
    1T/2T Command Timing - 2T
    TwTr Command Delay - 4T
    Trfc0 for DIMM1 - 195ns
    Trfc2 for DIMM2 - 195ns
    Write Recovery Time - 8T
    Precharge Time - 3T
    Row Cycle Time - 27T
    RAS to RAS Delay - 4T
    Increase DDR2 Voltage to 2.1V
    Northbridge Volt Control 1.2V

It seems i am getting close anything else i shoule try?

Comment

atrox---

Try to Set DDR2 Voltage to 2.0 and see if that helps.

And remember, the board only supports 1066 RAM in one DIMM Per Channel.

[I really don't know which channels are which, so I can't help you there.]

Comment

I tried 2.0. My computer would not start up the monitor, keyboard and mouse.

I have my RAM on 3+4 since i have tried all of this on 1+2 and have yet to switch them back.

Comment

Try 1+3, and also 1+4 or even 2+4

Comment

Its dual channel only.

Comment

Newest bios update with updated CPU AGESA provides better stablity for myself and other at other forums. Also their is a bug when you have ACC set to HYBRID mode it will not adjust the northbridge voltage correctly. Gigabyte is aware of this. Here is how I get 1100 in dual channel.

1. 2 Sticks in 3&4
              2. ACC set to normal and PER CORE +4 for all cores! Will not run 1066 without this! If i disable ACC and reboot even at default CPU spec will not boot into windows.
              3. Voltage for mem @ 1.9
              4. Voltage for Northbridge @ 1.2
              5. At main screen in bios press CTRL+F1 Go into memory timings and Enable Perform DQS & Bank swizzle.

My Settings That I can remember. I am using a 7750BE CPU, You may not be able to run 3.4GHZ & 2400 NB & HT with your CPU. Adjust accordingly for your CPUs stablity. This is my best stable overclock daily use/gaming settings.

207 X 16.5 = 3.4GHZ
              HT - 12x
              Northbridge Freq 12X
              MEM Volt - 1.9
              Northbridge Volt - 1.2
              CPU NB VID - 1.5
              VCORE 1.5

Timings

CAS# latency - 5T
              RAS to CAS R/W Delay - 5T
              Row Precharge Time - 5T
              Minimum RAS Active Time - 15T
              1T/2T Command Timing - 2T
              TwTr Command Delay - 4T
              Trfc0 for DIMM1 - 125ns
              Trfc2 for DIMM2 - 125ns
              Write Recovery Time - 8T
              Precharge Time - 3T
              Row Cycle Time - 20T
              RAS to RAS Delay - 4T
              Perform DQS Enabled
              Bank Swizzle Enabled

I may help some or I just may be lucky. But Good luck to all and hope you start to enjoy your rigz! The major thing is enable and use ACC even if your not overclocking your cpu I must on my system if I want 1066! Also Overvolt and Overclock at your own risk. Dont get mad at me if you fry it. :0

ACC aka Advanced Clock Calibration
              -Settings are used to undervolt the CPU for energy savings while keeping stability.
              +Settings are used for Overclocking & in my case to be able to have 1066 STABLE.

+4 Normal works best for me while +8 is unstable like I disabled it.

ACC in Normal Mode will NOT unlock the cpu for extra cores. - I use this as my cpu is unlockable.
              ACC in Hybrid Mode WILL unlock the cpu for extra cores. aka Make your X2 or X3 CPU a quad core if you have a lucky cpu.
              Last edited by shaggeyman39; 08-27-2009, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Your point is?

Comment

Originally posted by Valentinez View Post
                  Your point is?
                  MY POINT is to help people run this memory on this board @ rated &/or overclocked speeds without RMA. Thanks

Comment

Sorry, not you shaggeyman39, I meant Atrox, sorry I didn't specify!

Comment

i can't get it to work when i use the 1 and 2 slots, my pc won't start, gotta use 1 and 3 slots to make it start to windows, but can't use the dual channel wtf !.

Comment

1066 does not work for me.

Okay, I've gone through two sets of this memory and two motherboards (thank you newegg for alowing these RMA's) and I still can not get 1066 to work with this motherboard. I have updated to the latest bios (F7 I believe) and done the recommended settings. Windows will boot, but becomese instable after a little bit of use. Could some one post exactly what's working for them for a non over clocking situation? Newegg posts show this mobo and memory working together but I just can't get it to work. At 800 system runs completely stable.

Comment

xeRo,

you have a bad board, send it in for an RMA replacement.

Rugger1,

What BIOS settings have you tried so far? Try 195ns for both tRFC. Some motherboards may not be able to handle 127.5ns. Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
                          GSKILL SUPPORT
                          Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 09-09-2009, 09:06 AM.

Comment

i have this board and memory and have tried the 195 and still get many errors nothing is helping.

Comment

pb3176,

start your own thread, post up some BIOS pics and we can see if you are missing anything. Try testing each memory module individually to see if one is defective.

Thank you
                              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

gskill tech

if you are the guy that people get when you talk to the tech on the phone then i talked to you and read everything that is in my bios back. the phone tech told me to try the 195 and i read every value to him so i know i am not missing anything.
                                this is my second set of memory as i had sent the first set back because of the same problem.
                                now the mobo is going back. once i get that back and put my computer back together i will see if things get better.

Comment

Working...
                                X