No announcement yet.

need help setting up ddr2-1066

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no harm in overclocking unless you up the voltages too much and fry something.

The next worst thing that can happen is the comp will refuse to boot and you have to reset the bios/pull the battery and rethink all your settings.

If you are bluescreeening in windows with no load that means you're not even close to stable. You start low and work your way towards 1066 using stress utilities like the one I'm using, occt. It'll log errors or outright crash the system to find out how stable your system really is in a short amount of time. As you can see I survive 30min no error to give me a preliminary assessment of stability. If u can handle 12hrs of occt all 3 tests I would say its rock stable. Small test beats up the cpu, large test beats up mch and ram, and medium beats up everything equally
    http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1421077.png

Comment

When i was playing around i got my pc to be stable with a ht of 2600 with only increasing nb voltage to 1.2125 but that as far as i got with no crashes without trying to get my ragm at its rated speed but im still trying

Would increasong my ht to thr rated speed which is 2600 help stableize my ram
      Last edited by Tomlintm; 01-24-2012, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Can give it a try, and possibly try adding small amouts to the voltages, DRAM/CPU/NB/HT

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Nah i gave up i got tired of the bluescreens its running good now with it set on auto so thanks for the help

Comment

Keep in touch

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I surlly will i will never use any other brand of of memoy gskill rocks

Comment

Glad to hear it, I know I've been using them for a few years now and though I get requests for other brands for builds, I'll often show the system with both GSkill and another (requested) brand, and their benchmarks and versatility (i.e. OC ability) and most go ahead and give GSkill the nod (and I end up with odd-ball, various brand sticks, if I can't return them, which thankfully, I generally can)

Tman

Comment

Gskill has been the only brand i used when i first started building my desktop back in 2007 and to this day i upgrade my desktop and still i choice gskill shoot im fixing a laptop now and im im putting 4 or 8 gb pc2-6500 gskill ram in lol just need to fix the screen which i replaced the inveter but the screen still dim so i have to take it some were to get the back light replaced but ya lol

Comment

Have fun!....I try and stay away from laptop repairs, but still get 2-4 a month or so.

Tman

Comment

im back and i brought pics so you all can really help me set my ddr2 1066 ram right

[IMG][/IMG]

more pics to come
                      Last edited by Tomlintm; 02-27-2012, 04:34 PM.

Comment

continued

Comment

last photo
                          ]

so please help me set up my ram

Comment

With 8GB, you just have to use DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 2.0V.

It will be difficult to stabilize, if even possible.

Just input the basic memory settings and you'll be ready to go.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

ya but my ram is ddr2-1066 but windows wont run it that way only ddr2-800 bc epp usent a standered and the pics of the bios are al the defualt settings and doesnt crash at all but i want to get my ram running at 1066 like it says it suppost to be
                              Last edited by Tomlintm; 02-27-2012, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I don't think that motherboard can support it. 770 chipset does not allow for much tweaking, especially for CPU-NB, that is the main tweak, so it would be pointless to try.

If I think it is at all possible, I would be more than glad to help you try. But to be honest, even if we can boot DDR2-1066, it will be unstable, or it will have to be CL6. No matter what, it will be slower than DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 2.0V.

I know what is best/fastest for your hardware combo.

Thank you
                                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                                X