No announcement yet.

F2-8500cl5d 4gpk x 2 (8gb) and m4n72-e amd 1090t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are many reasons for issues; commonly, not knowing how to overclock memory, not knowing what the memory controller is capable of, not knowing how to tweak the system to support performance memory. This is why there is standard DDR2-800 CL5 1.80V memory that is plug and play.

If you want to look at the memory profile, feel free to take a look. Use CPU-Z or SPD Tool to see the full list, it is programmed just fine. The issue is, the BIOS must be written to fully support the modules' EPP. If not, manual settings are required. This applies for new DDR3 motherboards as well.

We're not asking you to just play around with settings, we're asking you to use the memory as it is intended for. Use the proper settings that it was designed for, and use only a single kit in each computer. Of course there are many people that don't follow these guidelines, and we have no problem with that, but you should only attempt if you know what you are doing. If you don't, you can learn and ask fellow overclocking peers for assistance. The techs here are more than glad to help and assist as well, but demanding and acting as if we're required to help and get this working is not exactly the proper method to go about getting that assistance.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

What a patronising and ill advised course attitude and tone to take with someone who is a first time customer of yours, rest assured, I will never buy gskill memory again.

I have done everything that could be reasonable required of me in terms of assessing the compatibility of the memory with my motherboard.

Lots of people are having issues with this memory it seems, even on Intel boards, frankly passing the buck and blaming an AMD memory controller is both astonoshing and ridiculous.

I do expect you to help, yes, as an obligation to a customer.

I have given you very detailed information in terms of what my BIOS allows and also what I have tried in order to get the memory running.

So far you have posted 3 times with not one shred of useful information.

As I have previously said AMD are supposed to have much improved their memory controller and from what I have gleaned from the internet, the cpu limitation no longer applies in terms of getting 4 slots of 1066, again coupled with the fact that OCZ reapers ran fine with 4x2gb of their memory.

Maybe I am not aware of alot of th ethings that you state in terms of capabilites et al, but if you are, as a gskill tech support, you arent really convincing me of your expertise.

I have read replies that you have given to several forum memebers and they are glib, brief and barely helpful.

On the OCZ forums they give very specific advice and are always helpful.

I am appalled by the fact that you are representing your company in this way in a public domain.

I hope your bosses are reading and see how terrible your customer service approach actually is.

Comment

Have you contacted ASUS? I know GSkill (and so do I) always recommends not mixing sets, but the ASUS QVL does show using two sets is fine, they may also have some particular adjustments they make to accommodate the nVidia chipset.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I dont believe this is an issue with mixing sets, they work together in both ganged and unganged mode suggesting that the memory is highly compatible, as I have previously said the serial numbers are concurrent, ie exact numerical sequence, I doubt very much that the the problems of mismatched sets would arise on exact same production run.

Usually such a problem would occur if one set was bought and another added later but the company had changed specs of RAM.

The issue is simply with an EPP that seems to set wrong memory timings and memory that doesnt run at advertised speeds. If I had bought f2-8000 I would be happy as that is what they will run stably at 1000Mhz.

I cant tell you enough how this is NOT, a processor, motherboard, chipset or memory controller issue as this board has run 2 sets of 2x2gb reapers at the correct speeds, in fact over and above the correct speeds. And guess what they were two different production runs too, as one had black pcb and the other green.

1072Mhz was not an issue for 8GB of OCZ reaper with same hardware.

Comment

Can't really think of anything more to offer, I've probably used 30+ of these sets and never had a single problem (though admittedly never on a nVidia chipset based mobo), they worked fine with every Intel and AMD mobo I tried where the CPU met the restrictions of speed and sticks per channel, which is why I suggested trying ASUS (+ the fact that in one place they say it will work yet in another they say theirs a limitation).

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X