• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte X48-DQ6 and F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK timings and voltages

Motherboard: Gigabyte X48-DQ6 BIOS version F8D
    Memory G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    CPU: E8600

CPU is OC to 4.0 GHZ by raising CPU Host Frequency from of 333 to 400, and setting System Memory Multiplier to 2.66D
    PCI Express frequency set to 100
    C.I.A.2 Disabled
    Performance Enhance Disabled

Standard Timing Control is set at 5-5-5-15

I'm pretty sure those are all the above are the right settings correct?

But i have no idea what the correct settings are for anything under Advanced Timing Control, they are:

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)
    Rank Write to READ Delay
    Write to Precharge Delay
    Static tRead Value
    Static tRead Phase Adjust
    Command Rate(CMD)

What are the correct and optimal values for these settings?
    Also should anything be changed under Clock Driving and Skew Control?
    What about voltages. I seem to remember that DDR2 Overvoltage Control should be set to +0.25V in the documentation, but I'm not 100% sure about this.
    Any other voltages that should be changed? I do not plan to do any further overclocking.

I would post BIOS screen shots but my account does not allow attachments.

Thank in advance for your help.

Didn't see DRAM voltage, assuming 2-2.1, but of what you show it looks good, if all is stable I wouldn't mess with it, 4 GHz is a good OC for the E8600, how are temps (MB and CPU)?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks, but my question is not about CPU OC im happy with that. My problem is i messed with some settings under Advanced Timing Control and now my system wont boot, and i have no idea what to set them to. Here are 2 pictures of my BIOS, Anything with a red question mark next to it is a setting i need help with. Thanks!

EDIT: CPU and MB temps are good: CPU is on water with 3x120mm radiator, 2 80mm fans directed at northbridge heatsink on MB.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/dscf0081w.jpg
      http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/dscf0082e.jpg/
      Last edited by matt697845; 09-17-2011, 08:47 AM.

Comment

On the Advanced Timings Control settings, I'd leave those all on AUTO, same with the settings under Clock Driving and Skew Control, if there are problems there, you may want to change the SYSTEM VOLTAGE CONTROL back to manual and increase the vCore (CPU Voltage Control) slightly from what AUTO puts it to, right now you have the vCore at 1.3625 which is on the high side (in fact it's the recommended max I believe for the CPU)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I set all advanced timing controls to Auto, except for Refresh to ACT Delay, it only lets me key in a number from 0-255, even though my manual says clearly that default is Auto on page 56, am i missing something?

Comment

OK so I've done a bunch of research today (like I should have to start with) and concluded through using Memset to read the SPD data for EPP#1 (533 MHz) and cross-referencing memory timing abbreviations that my timings should be set to the following:

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD) = 4
            Rank Write to READ Delay (tWTR) = 4
            Write to Precharge Delay (tWR) = 13
            Refresh to ACT Delay (tRFC) = 68
            Read to Precharge Delay (tRTP) = 4

what about Static tRead Value (tRD) and Static tRead Phase Adjust?
            from what i have been reading these are very important for stability, and on this board setting to AUTO seems to use Jedec#2 (400 MHz) SPD values, which are of course too tight for the 533 MHz (1066DDR2) that they're running at.

Comment

Working...
            X