F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI on GA-P35-S3 Mainboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Update

With a little tinkering I have managed to get all 8gb running @ 1066MHz and completely error free after 12 hours of testing with Memtest and Prime, and finally PC Mark Vantage X64 Edition

I had to run the memory with slightly looser timings so 6-6-6-18 and set the T(RFC) to 60 plus push the voltages way up - +0.4v on the Memory itself (So 2.2v a little over the manufacturers suggested)
    +0.3 on the FSB and +0.3 on the MCH

I also had to push a little extra voltage to the CPU I found to make it completely reliable on boot, stopping it hanging during the "Welcome" screen in Vista

I made use of the GSata raid option with 2 160gb Seagate 7200Rpm units in Raid 0 to take some stress off the Northbridge as well

But all in all Temps' seem bareable - dropped the CPU temp by 15 Degrees C (Even under the heaviest load I could get it - it doesn't go above 60C for all cores) and the FSB mainboards temps are sitting under 50 Degrees C as well

but it's stable and I'm happy ;-)
    Last edited by Merlin; 05-22-2009, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Glad to hear it, did you go ahead w/ the Zalmon? if so, your temps should drop even a little lower once your thermal compound cures in a little more

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yeah I did go for the Zalman - Even with a strong imagination I don't think I was quite ready for how big that thing is. I have less then a 1 Millimeter gap between the top of it's cooling fins and the Big side fan in the case.

The difference in temps is big too - under a big load in Prime95 Cores 0 and 1 tend to stay stable at 60C and cores 2 and 3 stay at 52C. And the whole thing idles at about 50C for Core 0 and 1 & 42C for Cores 2 and 3. So a marked improvement. It's had about a week of running so I'm thinking the Thermal paste should be pretty close to peak now.

I think the best thing is the dropping of the temp's over all on the Mainboard and that seems to have helped things - I'm gonna try experimenting with bringing some of those voltages down now that I am sure it's stable. I was reading over on the Tweaktown Forums that I shouldn't have to run the MCH quite so high Voltage wise (+0.3 - they Suggest no more then 0.2 at worst) - and I really don't want to fry anything.

It's been an interesting journey. Thanks all the info - I do enjoy the forums here, so much information it's great to read!

Comment

Great, and like I said, temps will prob drop a little more once the compound cures and you prob can drop voltages a bit, just take it slow.

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X