F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ & Asus P5Q-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi again,

I got "my" answer from Asus - but not that one I wanna got They only said that they recommend to choose RAM outa the QVL. But there is no f*cking DDR2-1000 listed, goddamn. No answer to my question if they have already tested the kit or not.

I also tested my RAM with tRFC 55 and 60 (BIOS only suppots AUTO,...,50,55,60,...) and got a few less failures I think. First time I've tested with memtest and got no errors. After that I've tried Vista memtest from DVD and no hardware error was shown. But! Next test was memtest again (I had to test it again - don't ask me why :P) and some errors appeared. I think increasing tRFC causes fewer errors but I don't know how high I can set it without damaging anything.

Should I increase it a little more? And would increasing VDRAM a little more (2.10+V) help? Not too much, just a little bit - don't wanna destroy board and RAM

Comment

Might try 60 at 2.0v, and/or the 60 @2.1. Wouldn't think you'd need 65...but with 1000 you never know.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

it seems loosing tRFC timing really improves it
        or you may try to set it more than 60 with memset in Windows

and for ASUS part, sometimes they only have standard products in their QVL
        if the problem still exist, we'll also reflect this issue to ASUS
        thanks

G.S

Comment

tRFC -having it higher won't damage anything, it's sort of a stabilizer, but going to high can degrade performance. Comes in particularly handy with 2GB sticks in 4 GB or higher RAM amounts. Can be sort of tricky, I don't really advise many people to play with it, but I've had a fair amount of success with non-JEDEC speed sticks. A rig like yours tends to have a sweet spot around 54-60

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Bad news...

Increasing tRFC up to 132 (highest value in bios) hasn't changed my situation. Vista Memory Diagnostic Tool always gives me a hardware failure . On Memtest it is like I described earlier. Sometimes no errors but after checking RAMs with Memory Diagnostic Tool from the Vista DVD and rebooting the system I got a few (3 or something like that). So I decided only to test the last few values with the Vista tool because I didn't want wait every new setting over 30 minutes. Last checked setting with Memtest was around 82 I think. But there are only 3 or 4 more steps til 132 and like I said the Diagnostic Tool gives me a hardware failure.

Therefore my result is that I won't be able to use the kit as DDR2-1000 without a bios update. This seemes to be the only way to run 'em correctly.

I hope you (GSKILL) can handle this with Asus.

Thank you for your help Tradesman and GSKILL!

Comment

Wish I could have helped more, if I think of anything, I'll post it

Tman

Comment

we'll reflect this issue to ASUS
                and there is 2001 latest bios, would you like to check if this issue is solved?
                thanks

G.S

Comment

BIOS had already been updated to 2001. So this update did not help me I did it just a few days after I started this thread just right after Tradesman said that there is a newer version. I forgot to mention it, I think.

Comment

fine

we already reflected this issue to ASUS, as long as we get reply, we'll post it
                    thanks

G.S

Comment

i can not run 2 pair of this ram (8gb) on my p5q-e...

but i can run 6gb (1 pair and 1 single) on my p5q-e...

how can i run all 8gb on p5q-e??? it often fails when i check it by prime95 ...
                      Last edited by tien113; 07-10-2009, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tien113 View Post
                        i can not run 2 pair of this ram (8gb) on my p5q-e...

but i can run 6gb (1 pair ans 1 single) on my p5q-e...

how can i run all 8gb on p5q-e??? it often fails when i check it by prime95 ...
                        You cannot even 3 sticks will fail if you look more closely. I explained pretty well on DDR3 section how this goes at topic: http://www.gskill.us/forum/showpost....60&postcount=8 and http://www.gskill.us/forum/showpost....9&postcount=12
                        might wanna take a look and understand where the issue is. There is reference to DDR2 so should be pretty straight forward.
                        Last edited by genetix; 07-09-2009, 11:15 AM.
                        "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
                        http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Working...
                        X