No announcement yet.

Mem setting for Asus M4A77D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheesh. So I buy two pairs of matched RAM that are on a motherboard's QVL and they don't play nice? I am mailing them back to GSkill. You guys mount them or laugh over them or whatever you like. Never buying cheap RAM again. What a stupid mistake. Crucial or Kingston ONLY from now on.

Comment

It's the same with all manufacturers, which is why they sell sets in 2,4,6,8,12,15GB etc, the sticks in sets are tested to work together. As a side note, though I am not with GSkill, (have my own business) of all the brands I've used (most all of them), I've had less problem getting two different sets of GSkill sticks working together than any of the other big boys in the arena. Many times it's a toss up if they'll play or not,

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tradesman,

Thanks for all your help and support. Pretty frustrated. never saw four sticks of RAM for sale as a set on Newegg which is where I bought this RAM, just matched pairs.

Back when I bought it the RAM didn't work. I RMAed it to Newegg but paid a restock charge. After that I went to GSkill who concluded it was a bad motherboard, i.e. someone else's problem.

I thought I would give it one more shot a year later. Sorry if I shot at the messenger. You provide great support on this site, sure would be nice if the manufacturer did too.

Comment

Very, very hard to find.......other than new builds and networking, part of my business is repairs and upgrades and I'm always looking for 4x2GB and 4x4GB sets (including for me, just did a new build and took the old in trade, and now have another Q9650 I'd like to load up w/ 16GB)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X