F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK / Kuma 7750BE / Gigabyte MA790X-UD4 Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK / Kuma 7750BE / Gigabyte MA790X-UD4 Issues

Hello, I cant get this memory to run stable at 1066 in this motherboard. I can set Memclock to 800 and it will work with 2 sticks. I tested both sticks and with one stick installed at a time, both of the sticks are stable and run over DDR1100. I also have another issue I wrote to gigabyte about below. Is thier a possiblity of an SPD change so these work right? I saw something a few threads back with a 7750 and Asus Mobo.

Wrote to Gigabyte
    Hoping for some fixes in the next bios update.. Im having issues with gskill memory. F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231166 The board will not post with 2dimms installed and the epp profile on auto. I have to install an old set of slow memory set the epp to disabled and set ddr800, shut the rig off and install the newer faster memory. The memory is rated at 2.2volts. I cant set the memory above 1.9volts or it wont post.

Gigabyte Response
    There maybe stability issue with your memory, have you tried testing the other channel or any other types of memory to further test the issue?
    You can test with the F2b bios posted on our website
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...S&FileID=14456

Things I have tried.
    Bios Update
    1.4 Northbridge Volt
    Installed on Dimm 1&2 3&4 2&4
    5000+ CPU = Both sticks work fine overclocked to 1066 in Dimm 1&2 Dual Channel
    Set 1066 in bios and EPP to disabled and MemV to 1.9 will post but locks up or Blue Screen.

Over 1.9V = No Post = Clear Cmos =Installing ddr800 1gb stick. set timings & EPP to disable then power down swap in 2gb stick.

Should I also respond to gigabyte? I cant figure out if its the Mobo, or Mem I dont have other 2gb 1066 mem sticks.

could you give us your serial number on the heat spreader?
    some may have problem with AMD platform, but it might be fixed by new SPD
    would you like to flash to the new bios?
    if you would like to try, we can send you the SPD file and tell you how to do it
    if not, we could also replace a new kit with you
    thanks

G.S

Comment

The numbers under the barcode are. 9061030009302

I would also like to try a flash. You can send files to me at shaggeyman39@gmail.com

Thank you very much.

Comment

Hello, I still havent received anything yet, This just started lastenight ,Now when I power the computer down, It resets the bios and says. Cmos checksum error. Resets the bios to default and turns on the EPP so I cant boot. Im stuck using one stick of memory now. I found a program called SPDTool it list a bunch of timings that you can change. Is it just one timing or many of them? I did not write or save anything to the memory because im not sure what everything is. Thank You

Comment

we would email you the details
          thanks

G.S

Comment

Checksum error is normally caused by one of (normally) three things, your CMOS Battery is going bad, the system was shut down incorrectly or a BIOS update. You could try with a different battery (from most any mobo). When you flashed the BIOS did you set everything to default settings first, if the RAM was set to 1066, EPP was disabled, you had OCed anything, voltages weren't at default, etc. when you flashed the BIOS the update might not have worked completely.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

it might be caused by a incorrect bit in SPD
              so we'd send him a correct SPD file and tell him how
              thanks

G.S

Comment

WOO HOO... Gigabyte bios update F3F fixed me up! Bios disables EPP by default, and runs at spec 1066... It still fails Prime 95 after a long time but I have no game or Windows Crashes... Only thing now is I hope future bios updates keep it disabled.. Thanks GSKILL You could still send me spd file if you would like too and I will hang onto it incase I may need it in the future. Thanks Again

Comment

the SPD file and how to use it is sent to your email box already
                  please check it out
                  thanks

G.S

Comment

Alright memory is now giving me bsod after 3 months use running fine. The spd you sent was for single sided memory only. I have the double sided and never bothered to flash since it wouldnt work. Now I would like to RMA but I removed one of the heatspeaders. Can I still send in a RMA since I removed the heatspeader to make sure it was a doubled sided chip. Im afraid of sending them in then getting them sent back because I removed the heatspreader and voiding my warranty. Thanks for your support.

Comment

Long time, no hear, Shaggeyman, glad the BIOS update helped. Have you had any hardware changes or recent power outages that could have played with your BIOS settings you were running fine under?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X