No announcement yet.

Pc6400 and Asus P5B delux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to get all my replies into 1 message. I keep thinking of something more after I hit send

The MB temps seem to be around 90 F and the cpu core temps about 100-110F at idle(low 40s C)

Steve

Comment

May be a tad warm, but not really out of the envelope, may want to add a fan to the case or a higher capacity fan to increase airflow, are you using the stock CPU heatsink? What CPU and what FSB? If stock might look at a AC Freezer Pro 7 or CM Hyper 212 Plus (both appr $30, or a bit more for a Zalmon in the 95XX or 97XX models

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

MB temps checked this AM and really in 80's not 90's

Tried 4Gb G.Skill and the next 2 gb crashed the system (posted ok but didnt boot to windows) - locked up prior to seeing cursor return prior logon (WinXP) - as I mentioned in my 1st post my memory is very slightly different (there is an S in the second 2 Gb sticks). Is this a problem or is it still settings. Went beck to 2 G and it boots fine. Is 6,5,5,15 still OK or should we try 5,6,6,15 or voltage change (now 1.85 v) or something else?

Steve

Comment

Currently 5,5,5,15 and wondering if 5,6,6,15 would be next and of course my other questions

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Are all of them Double Sided or Single Sided or are they mixed - they changed the design awhile back and if mixed may definitely be a problem. If mixed may want to see what GSkill thinks, this popped up a while back and they did an RMA, see http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=761

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It is certainly my concern that there is some incompatability between the sticks of memory- I still dont know what thesignificance of S in the most recent sticks

first 2 sticks = F2-6400CL5-1GBNQ

2nd 2 sticks = F2-6400CL5S-1GBNQ

If they have different densities, I wonder if there could be trouble

How do I get GSkill to weigh in on this?

Steve

Comment

Gskill should be in Mon, either in the AM or early PM, they'll probably run through the weekend email requests first

Tman

Comment

They are not different densities, but it is possible that they are incompatible with each other. If that is the case, send them in for RMA and we can send four modules that can work together.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X