• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500cl5d-4gbpk + asus p5k-e/wifi

Model of the motherboard: ASUS P5K-E/WIFI
    Model of the memory: F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK
    Model of the CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650

For the life of me I can't get this memory to post. I got it to post once and then after it rebooted I got a blank screen again. Everything is up to date with Bios. I followed the instruction .pdf on the website on how to set but its not working. Some ideas would be great.

Do you have the lastest BIOS?.....This board originally only supported up to 800 DRAM and the BIOS was fine tuned for 1066. Did you have them in slots 1-3 (Yellow)? Have you tried 1 stick at a time in slot 1? If one boots and the other doesn't, it may be a bad stick. You could try running memtest on each stick also. Agai, if one or both don't pass then you have a bad stick or two. If both pass try running the sticks in slots 2-4. Make sure you input the base timings, DRAM Voltage, Command Rate (2T) manually.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes to all your questions but memtest

How are you suppose to memtest if the ram doesn't post?

Plus as I said before it posted once with one stick and once with both sticks but I must of changed something but for the world of me I can't figure out what and so I keep getting a blank screen.

Comment

Try removing the CMOS battery for 3 minutes as well as unplugging from he wall. Then place the battery back and plug the PSU back up and turn it on.

Comment

I wanted to do that as a last resort since I have to lug out my VGC out to get to the battery but I'm pulling straws now so I'll try it tomorrow. Any other ideas would be nice, Thanks

Comment

ok that totally didn't work out

I'm just going to send these ram sticks back cause my computer kept seeing them as 800 MHz anyway and I would have to restart like several times before it would read them.

So I don't know who put that these sticks were compatible with this board but they are not working with my board.

Comment

trying different ram

will F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ work with this MB?

Comment

Yes, should be plug and play as they are within the motherboard's standard.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Here is crossing my fingers that this works

ok I put the order in and hopefully I get them by Tuesday. I'll update everybody when I get something.

Comment

OMG I think I'll die a random death and just kill over.

If I knew that the only way for this thing to read my ram is for me to un plug all my usb cords I would have kept the previous ram.

It never in my utter expanding mind to just think that maybe since the MB kept hanging on the usb controller when trying to post, that maybe I should unplug some usb units from my computer.

Ok I got this bad boy up but I don't have anything settled thou. I need some settings to put into the bios so I don't have to keep unplugging usb cords to get this thing to post.

So does anybody have some setting numbers for this MB and ram?

Comment

Sounds like it may just be a BIOS glitch. As I stated before, the memory should be plug and play.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

ok well I sent an email to Asus telling them their Bios sets are glitchy

Comment

So I moved around some of the usb cords to different sockets and it seems to start up now with out pause. It still is some weird glitch that needs fixing, but aslong as I'm up and running its all good.

Comment

I stand corrected. Aslong as I don't restart my computer I don't have to start pulling out usb cords to get this thing to boot up and post. Gees, how am I to get to the Bios if I can't have my keyboard plugged in?

Comment

This is what Asus sent me

Dear Sir/Madam

Typically memory issues are caused by either bad RAM or the motherboard not auto-detecting the correct memory timings. Often manually setting the CAS Latency timings and memory voltage will correct the issue.

As we do not validate all brands and models of memory ourselves you will need to contact the memory manufacturer and verify that the memory you have of theirs is a tested and approved model # (and approved in your configuration, as some memory is only compatible in 1 or 2 stick operation, and not 4 sticks on boards which have 4 or more memory slots) and that the cas latency timings being read in the bios are correct.If the settings in the bios are not the correct timings ask them for the timings needed to run your memory on this motherboard, once you have these timings either the memory manufacturer or one of our technicians can help you hard code these timings into your system.You may also want to ask the manufacturer if there are any memory diagnostic tests that they can recommend that would also help in determining if the memory is causing the problems you are having, there are programs out there that will help in diagnosing problems with memory such as the ones found at www.memtest86.com or the microsoft memtest diagnostic tool, although we do not officially support these tests your manufacturer may suggest one of these I have listed or another that they themselves use

Thank you for your support of our products!

Comment

Working...
                              X