4 1TB Raid 5 Seagate
    1 1TB OS
    HD Homerun
    Hauppauge 2250
    CM 4 in 3
    6 x 120mm case fans
    Antec 850 watt PSU
    Win Pro 7 64 Bit OEM

I recently purchased 8 gb of F2-8800SL5Q-8GBPI for a new build I am working on. It all seemed to be working great at first then I started bsod daily and when I thought the computer was the most unused like in the middle of the night. I was running Optimized Defaults. I ran Memtest and it failed on test 5. So I removed two sticks and left two in 1 and 3 and ran memtest and it passed two full passes. I swapped mem same result to full passes. So I installed all of it and tried again optimized defaults no luck. So I started searching the forum and ended up changing the following.

Mem Multiplier to 3.20B
    Manual set timings to 5 5 5 15
    CMD to 2
    Dram Voltage 1.8
    MCH Core to 1.4
    tRFC to 80

I ran Mem test again and it seemed to be fixed it made two full passes than I let it run all night when I woke errors after errors all test 5 and I have seem some test 8. So I changed

Dram Voltage to 2.0

And ran again this time it failed instantly and locked up memtest could not exit had to reset. Any suggestions on what is causing this and what I could try next. I believe I am going to test some GS F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ. I have 8gb. Should I leave it at optimized defaults or what. Thanks for any help. David

im no expert here yet first I would check your BIOS....F9 is for EP45- UD3P ver 1.1....ver 1.6 is FB or FD and good luck with FD if you have the v 1.6 board. I had FD and reverted back to FB...Gigabyte is supposedly looking into BIOS FD for problems I guess.

Comment

You were correct it is FD what sort of troulbe is it giving you

Comment

With the PIs and 8GB I'd try raising the tRFC to 88. If that doesn't help, you might try pulling the hauppauge card and see if the problems persist. Most all of their cards had problems with systems using more than 4GB of RAM, I gave up on them after about 6 months, they may have newer drivers out now.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have been talking with g-skill tech and they seem great you were right on with the 88 they also told me to turn off xmp. I am running 1.8 v dram and so far it fails memtest with 12 errors when it gets to test 5 on the forth pass. G-skill wanted me to try 1.9 but it got worse 24 errors 1st pass so I tried 1.84 no luck. I am currently back at 1.8 and have ran prime95 for 7 hours with out a single error. I wasnt sure if it would make a difference so I ran a custom test with 6 gb ram set in prime 95 for 4 hours and then ran the stock torture test another 3. I have been up and running for three days now and no bsod. I think I am ok now.

Comment

Working...
          X