Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5-2GBPK + ASUS M4A78 Pro

ASUS M4A78 Pro BIOS 1501

2 x 2 GB F2-8500CL5-2GBPK to see on Everest Ultimate Edition.

On the RAM it shows: F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK. (1066 Mhz)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 3000 Mhz.

It should run automaticly with 1066 Mhz but it only runs with 800 Mhz.

How to switch the right preferences? I only have bougt this type of ram by using the qualified vendor list from asus.

But i cant get this ram running with 1066 Mhz. So help please.

I have so many things tried to change on the board. I also have tried to increase the Voltage of NB and Voltage of RAM (2.08 Volt)

When I increase the Voltage of NB the system does?nt start anymore.

An answer in german language would bei nice.

AMD Phenom II X4 940 CPU. ATI HD2600 XT 256 MB Grafik. Windows 7 x86 or Windows Vista X64 & X86 checked.

500 GB Samsung F2 HD502Hi HDD. Power Supply 700 Watt SuperFlower. DVD Burner Samsung Double Layer.

Also a had a lot of Problems on a Asus M4N78 Board, only 800 Mhz stabal running with these G.Skill Ram?s.
    Last edited by asuspc; 01-01-2010, 02:08 AM.

Your mobo defaults to 800 RAM so you need to enter the speed and base timings manually as opposed to using the AUTO setting, also will want the tRFC in advanced timings to be 127 or 127.5

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Your mobo defaults to 800 RAM so you need to enter the speed and base timings manually as opposed to using the AUTO setting, also will want the tRFC in advanced timings to be 127 or 127.5
      Thank you for the answer. This sound like chinese in my ear?s. G.Skill give out a Qualified Vendor LIst and what for is this list good? For nothing! Oh man WTF does that mean. I have set the timing on 1066 Mhz and the board wont run stabel. I guess this here will never help.

Comment

Very poor answer from professionals???

I?ve done you suggest to do. System doesnt start in no way. tRFC to set on 127 is immpossible only 127.5 is possible and WTF is DCT0 and DCT1?
        G.Skill is the manufactor of the ram and dont know how to set the timings right so the board will run with 1066 Mhz? I dont understand and hope you will find soon an answer that fix the problem.

Comment

relax!

Everyone has these issues,no matter what brand.All you have to do is manually set the timings in your bios.I know its frustrating,but getting upset doesnt help-just makes you make more mistakes in my experience.Also if you need translation go to Google translator and copy/paste the page address in the box...presto-any language you need.Refer to your motherboard manufacturer for help also with bios settings.

Comment

Have you talked to ASUS, if they have it on their list, they should be able to give every single, exact BIOS setting needed.....

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Have you talked to ASUS, if they have it on their list, they should be able to give every single, exact BIOS setting needed.....
              Did you talked to ASUS? I did and they sayed: Did you talked to G.Skill they should now all about the settings! Do you kidding me? When the manumactur do not know about the settings who know? I guess you?re clueless in any way. What for are you get your money every month?

Comment

Trouble with Asus M4A78 Pro & G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

Originally posted by Redwoodz View Post
                Everyone has these issues,no matter what brand.All you have to do is manually set the timings in your bios.I know its frustrating,but getting upset doesnt help-just makes you make more mistakes in my experience.Also if you need translation go to Google translator and copy/paste the page address in the box...presto-any language you need.Refer to your motherboard manufacturer for help also with bios settings.
                Yes, it is very frustrating. But G. Skill has built it and put on the market. And now, the customer should find out themselves how to use it? Are you serious? I have the feeling to be in a bad movie. G. Skill says write to Asus and Asus says write to G. Skill. What kind of a back and forth. The customer is always the loser, or how I should understand that. So how can I find the right timing out? I have no time and no desire to spend hours to find out what is right or wrong. I have written to Asus, several times. Until now, no solution in sight. I searched in Internet forums for help. Without success until today.
                I have invested much money in my computer. Now all that is worth nothing? Because nobody does not know the right timing? Do you have any idea how the BIOS looks at M4A78 Pro? There so many confusing timings and preferences. I am a user that cannot understand all these timings and preferences. If I still get false information from the support, I am totally frustrated. So i hope you understand my angle.
                Then I spotted the vendor list and found something there. These are only DDR2 RAM Memory Configuration suitable for single or 4 modules in all 4 Dimms. Thus they can not be used in dual channel mode. Or how do you explain that? Please check the Qualified vendor list and see for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwoodz View Post
                  I know how to use a translater programm like the one from google. I also know how to use the internet and i use a desktop pc for about 7 years and never had such a problem like this with RAM. Usually i put in the hardware and everythink will be detected automaticly. Only asus cant fix this problem and g.skill also not. That is poor, very poor. Sorry

Comment

Now it works fine. Not cause of your help but it?s running fast. I?m so happy. I?ve wrote a mail to asus and they gave me a hint. So i checked the ram single by single and it was succesfully.

Comment

Originally posted by asuspc View Post
                      ASUS M4A78 Pro BIOS 1501

2 x 2 GB F2-8500CL5-2GBPK to see on Everest Ultimate Edition.

On the RAM it shows: F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK. (1066 Mhz)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 3000 Mhz.

It should run automaticly with 1066 Mhz but it only runs with 800 Mhz.

How to switch the right preferences? I only have bougt this type of ram by using the qualified vendor list from asus.

But i cant get this ram running with 1066 Mhz. So help please.

I have so many things tried to change on the board. I also have tried to increase the Voltage of NB and Voltage of RAM (2.08 Volt)

When I increase the Voltage of NB the system does?nt start anymore.

An answer in german language would bei nice.

AMD Phenom II X4 940 CPU. ATI HD2600 XT 256 MB Grafik. Windows 7 x86 or Windows Vista X64 & X86 checked.

500 GB Samsung F2 HD502Hi HDD. Power Supply 700 Watt SuperFlower. DVD Burner Samsung Double Layer.

Also a had a lot of Problems on a Asus M4N78 Board, only 800 Mhz stabal running with these G.Skill Ram?s.
                      I have found the right settings! It was quite honestly a very stressful job. I have wrote a mail to asus and they gave my a hint to check the RAM single by single. I did check the single ram on DIMM A1 and set the BIOS:
                        • DRAM TIMING CONFIGURATION
                        • DRAM Timing Mode = AUTO
                        • Command Rate 1T/2T = 2T
                        • DCT0/DCT1 Strength Config = AUTO
                        • AI TWEAKER Menu
                        • DRAM Voltage = 2.08 Volt
                        • DRAM Frequence = Manual
                        • rRC = 48T
                        • CR = 2T
                        • tWR = 13T
                        • DRAM:FSB = 16:6
                      • Memory Configuration
                      • Bank Interleaving = AUTO
                      • Channel Interleaving = AUTO
                      • MemCLK Tristate C3/ATLVID = Enabled
                      • MemHole Remapping = Enabled
                      • DCT Unganged Mode = AUTO
                      • Power Down Enable = Disabled

But dont forget: Test the RAM only Single with Everest Ultimate or with other testing programm to check if the ram is stabil runnig. You may choose memtest x86 oder x64 to test your RAM.

Comment

Working...
                      X