No announcement yet.

Setting Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I typically do is sell to upgrade, like selling a Q6600, for say 135, then I go and get the Q9550 for 169 so I justify that I spent 34 to upgrade.

I have done this for along time. I hunt for old computers to take apart and sell off the internals. I will let you in on my best selling secret. Find an OLD DDR memory computer that a friend or whoever has laying around, take it apart, sell the HD (formatted of course) 20 bucks, Motherboard, another 15-30 bucks, Case with OS key, 20-25 bucks and best of all is the old Memory-- now here's where it gets interesting. DDR memory sells great on eBay. Especially 1gb sticks. Even old RAMBUS memory at 256k or 512k sells. Add it up and you got 100 bucks of burn money for new goodies.

I also buy broken computers when I know whats wrong with them. For example, I just got a HP DV6-1245dx laptop for 300, shipped FedEx, because the guy loaded a pirated a OS on it and could not restore it. So in his eyes-- it was broken. Once in my hands, I called HP, got the original restore discs (20 bucks more) and now I have a 600 laptop and I was able to talk HP into giving me the windows 7 upgrade for it when the RTM comes out next month. I will sell it off for 475-525 and it is upgrade time again!

Comment

Agree, on new builds I'll offer the client a trade in amount depending on the components, also pick up systems on occasion at yard sales for next to nothing, components you don't use you can also donate to charitable organization and take a tax write off.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
      X