• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ 8GB problem GA-P35-DS3L

Motherboard: GA-P35-DS3L F9 Bios
    CPU: Q9550
    Memory: F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ two pairs

Trying to get this board to post with 8gb only 6gb will post. Each stick was tested individually in the memory slot closest to the CPU with memtest86 10+ passes with zero errors. Settings below were used with 0.3+ ddr 0.3 + fsb 0.3+ mch no post. Ram was set to 667 no post. Refresh to act 68 , write to precharge 8-10 no post. The system will post with 3 sticks yielding 6gb not 4 sticks. with 8gb the system powers on, powers off, powers on powers off, third time powers on no beep no post nothing.

People on newegg seem to run this combination fine with 8gb's. I read about 5 reviews. My settings are below. I have tested these sticks on Two DS3L motherboards both exhibit the same behavior.

Last edited by thepiecesfit; 08-05-2009, 08:52 AM.

Weird, the settings you have tried should definitely work. Try increasing DDR2 OverVoltage to +0.3V and see if that will make a difference. Also MCH OverVoltage needs at least +0.3V. Let me know the results and I will be able to further assist you.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

My original post states that + .3v was already attempted and it does not post. Thanks
      Last edited by thepiecesfit; 08-05-2009, 09:28 PM.

Comment

What FSB are you running, may way the tRFC up to 74-76 (in that area. Also take a look at your voltages, w/ 8GB will want 1.9, and CPU 2 1333 could be a little higher, maybe around 1.340 or even a little higher (your max is 1.3625. If OCing maybe even a bit higher.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tradesman

tried both 333 and 400 , with .3v+ the ram voltage effectively becomes 2.1 , so +.2 should be enough. I dont see how cpu voltage has anything to do with my memory.

Comment

Well if your RAM is at 2.1, it is on the high side for your sets, which are rated at 1.9, also running 8 GB and with the fsb @ 1333 or 1600 may well require more voltage than the mobo is defaulting to. tRFC needs to be higher than the mobo wants to set to run 8GB.

Can also try running with two sticks only, start in slots 1,3 then try 2,4, if either combo goes bust, it will indicate one of the RAM slots may be bad in your mobo.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Here is memset and Cpu-z each stick is exactly the same. The ram slots were tested one by one and all work fine and all sticks pass memtest without fail.

Comment

Should only mess with Refresh to ACT Delay, leave others on AUTO, or..

Rank Write to READ Delay - 4
                Write To Precharge Delay - 6
                Refresh to ACT Delay - 66

If you still have an issue try 1.5V on the MCH since it seems like a power issue if it doesn't want to boot.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

.3v + on mch is the max on this board (don't know if that yields 1.5v) and didnt work tried auto on everything besides refresh to act delay. Ironically my friend uses this gskill memory on the P35-DS3L and 8gb posts and works fine with all voltage/memory settings on auto http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231203 ... Is there any chance i will have more luck with a set of memory that has been tested in an 8gb tested set ?

Comment

Try testing each channel, slot 1 and 3, then 2 and 4. Sounds like you may have a defective slot, since you can post with 3 sticks but not 4. If the sticks check out individually, they should have no problem running 8GB especially on this motherboard. All settings look good too, so must be a slot. Kepp us posted on the results.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I tested each slot on its own. One at a time and they all pass. Would testing pairs be any different?

One thing i am sure of though is that certain combinations of 3 sticks yield 3gb of ram not 6gb. So at least one of the sticks doesnt play nice with the others.
                      Last edited by thepiecesfit; 08-09-2009, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Pull that one out and send it in for an exchange. Or just send them all back for a new set. That's weird if memtest passes though...

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Just an update for someone with perhaps the same issue. I RMA'd the old 4gb pair to gskill. Received the replacement pair today. The mobo posted on the first try with full 8GB memory . yeehaww

Comment

Glad to hear the new replacement fixed it.

Thank you
                            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                            X