F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B on GA-MA790X-UD4P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by berserker_b2k View Post
    Hi again. Well, I left them on slots 1&2 with 5-5-5-15 2.1V and settings as mentioned above, but tRC=25 and runned 2 full memtest+ runs and no errors.
    I have to say that when I originally installed them (1 week ago) I runned memtest+ and also haven't got any errors, but Vista BSOD sometimes.

I'll try Linpack later and report if Vista BSOD. It's been running fine for about 3 hours, although I wasn't doing anything but listening music.

Thanks again!
    ok, but trust me you wanna test the LinPack as soon as possible and run the vista performance winsat again. Since if other hardware is unstable it'll end up badly after all it's only ~20mins max to know, if there's something. Vista never BSODs for no reason either it thinks it's being broken or doesn't love internal component changes or hardware drops it error.
    "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
    http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

I've run the Linpack standard test for 25 passes, 18 minutes, no errors. Vista didn't BSOD either.
      Linpack shows only 2043MB free... do I have to boot into safe mode so I can check further?

Thanks a lot genetix, looks like we (you) made it

Comment

Originally posted by berserker_b2k View Post
        I've run the Linpack standard test for 25 passes, 18 minutes, no errors. Vista didn't BSOD either.
        Linpack shows only 2043MB free... do I have to boot into safe mode so I can check further?

Thanks a lot genetix, looks like we (you) made it
        Nah, then you probably won't see BSODs either it'll go through entire ram even on ~512MB. Just was saying better be sure ones and build rock solid compo to begin to work with. Just nice to know no matter what you hit on screen or work stuff same time it simply won't fail at least because of hardware runned.
        "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
        http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Hope I won't be seeing anymore BSOD. I should write down the BIOS settings and keep 'em safe.
          Been playing Red Alert 3 for 30 minutes about 2 hours ago and Vista is still alive.

Thanks a lot again!

Comment

CPU 200
            Memory 5.33
            Unganged

CAS# latency - 5T
            RAS to CAS R/W Delay - 5T
            Row Precharge Time - 5T
            Minimum RAS Active Time - 15T
            1T/2T Command Timing - 2T
            TwTr Command Delay - 4T
            Trfc0 for DIMM1 - 127ns
            Trfc2 for DIMM2 - 127ns
            Write Recovery Time - 8T
            Precharge Time - 3T
            Row Cycle Time - 25T
            RAS to RAS Delay - 5T

Increase DDR2 Voltage to 2.1V
            Northbridge Volt Control 1.2V

I tried these settings with the f8 bios and windows will not load at all. I currently have my sticks in 1 and 3 but it appears maybe I should be in 1 and 2?

Any other ideas of something I may have missed?

Comment

Raise Northbridge Voltage to 1.4V and try again. Also, you could do a memtest86+ test with these settings, and not only try to boot into Windows.

Hope that helps

Comment

You don't see any problems with me having my sticks in 1 and 3 instead of 1 and 2? I think they are on different controllers if I am understanding this correctly and maybe I want them on the same controlller?

Comment

They need to be on separate controllers in order to achieve dual channel. Now I am in doubt... I have mine on slots 1&2... gotta check if they are on different controllers.

Comment

For Dual channel you want 1-2 (Channel A is 1-3, Channel B is 2-4) so 1,2 has 1 in each channel

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you sir for the clarification. This is my first AMD build in a long long time so the nomenclature is just a bit different.

Comment

That's right... checked with the manual. Kinda odd, I would built it so that 1&2 would be channel A and 3&4 would be channel B, so to achieve dual channel you could put the DIMMs separated for better heat dissipation purposes.

Comment

....and in AMD speak it's ganged or un-ganged (ganged being dual channel) - and to a degree, I think it's just another way for AMD to try and distance itself from Intel and the long standing set of 1,3 and 2,4

Personally, I'd wish they would take the money they put into coming up with these 'different' things and put it into the R&D on the MCs

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I put all the settings at what I posted earlier and moved the chip from slot 3 to slot 2. Problem solved. Thanks for the help and have a nice Halloween weekend.

Comment

Tradesman, you as most people are a bit confused about the ganged vs. unganged subject.
                              First of all you can run dual channel in both ganged and unganged mode.
                              Running ganged means that the memory controller splits the data into 2 seperate 64 bit lanes (2x64 bit).
                              Unganged mode consolidates the data into one 128 bit lane (1x128 bit).
                              You would benefit in ganged mode when running single threaded applications.
                              You would benefit in unganged mode when running multi-threaded applications.

Myself and others over at the AMD forums ran benchmarks while running single threaded games in ganged mode.
                              Definitely higher bandwidth running ganged versus unganged during these benchmarks.
                              Subsequently, higher bandwidth running in unganged mode with multi-threaded benchmark programs.
                              AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
                              Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
                              ASUS Crosshair V Formula
                              2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
                              SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
                              Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
                              Corsair HX850W Modular
                              Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
                              2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

I'm very sorry, but after reading my post, I had my info backwards:

Ganged.....1x128 bit
                                Unganged.....2x64 bit
                                AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
                                Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
                                ASUS Crosshair V Formula
                                2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
                                SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
                                Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
                                Corsair HX850W Modular
                                Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
                                2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

Working...
                                X