• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B on GA-MA790X-UD4P

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
    BIOS version: F5
    Memory: F2-8500CL5D-4GBPI-B (2x2GB)
    Slots: tried with 1&2 and 3&4

Hi, I'm having problems with this configuration. I have Vista Ultimate 64 bits and I got blue-screen stops and hangs. I tried with different settings I found here on the forum and I'm still having those errors (5-5-5-15-5 and 2.1V). With certaing settings, I could not even boot.

I took photos of my BIOS, could you please tell me the correct settings for each option? Yes, each, please.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by berserker_b2k; 06-29-2009, 05:18 PM.

Probably need to raise the tRFC, and see if that works. If not may have to go into more detail with the settings.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Also, add the to slots 1&3 or 2&4.. 1&2 and 3&4 are inside same controllers. They "need to be"/works better when located at different controllers.
      "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
      http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

OK, I'll try rising the trfc to 192. So all the other settings are correct?
        Also, I am using slot 1&2 (or 3&4) because in the motherboard manual says that I have to use those to achieve dual channel

Thanks!

Comment

I tried putting them on slots 1&3 or 2&4 and I cannot finish POST. They're now back at slots 1&2 and raised the trfc, and set voltage to auto.
          CPUID Hardware Monitor shows memory voltage (VIN1) as 2.13V

Please, if you could tell me (from the images above) which settings are incorrect and their correct values, I would be very thankful.
          Last edited by berserker_b2k; 06-30-2009, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by berserker_b2k View Post
            I tried putting them on slots 1&3 or 2&4 and I cannot finish POST. They're now back at slots 1&2 and raised the trfc, and set voltage to auto.
            CPUID Hardware Monitor shows memory voltage (VIN1) as 2.13V

Please, if you could tell me (from the images above) which settings are incorrect and their correct values, I would be very thankful.
            Well, the thing is the 5-5-5-15 is correct all above settings (if you changed the tRFC to 52-55) are correct. Problem probably is in the controller since now when you use slots 1&2 or 3&4 means that's limited bandwidth (and you probably get best out of it around latencies 6-6-5-17 'same as you would have all 4 slots full') while the slots 1&3 or 2&4 would provide both sticks own controller and that way mode bandwidth & lower latencies. You could still try something like tRFC0-4 top those xxx.xxns's out or rise them to DIMM slots you use or just go...

Try with something like 6-6-5-17 (Or might as well put them to 6-6-6-18) on 1 stick and boot that up on 2 sticks. This should enable you to post. After this we can tweak the values a bit, but we need to make the system post first.

-edit-
            don't worry on voltages. That will boot anything even near 2.1v on memory. Northbridge is a bit different story but we'll get to that, if the above doesn't work.
            Last edited by genetix; 06-30-2009, 07:46 AM.
            "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:

Comment

Thanks for the info, I'll test it right away.
              But I'm a little confused about the memory controllers and slots. In the manual it says that slots 1&3 are channel 0 and slots 2&4 are channel 1, and that I have to put them on slots 1&2 or 3&4 to achieve dual channel.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I'll test it right away.
                But I'm a little confused about the memory controllers and slots. In the manual it says that slots 1&3 are channel 0 and slots 2&4 are channel 1, and that I have to put them on slots 1&2 or 3&4 to achieve dual channel.
                Yeah, no worries will be here for couple hours more. I'd say we get it running just fine in the end. This is just something small somewhere not liking the 1066Mhz too much and it's probably the slots still. Each controller as I explained has it's own bandwidth so it's just good if you could use memory in different controllers, but well perhaps in this case it's not possible. Reading some manual here on this board tho.

Comment

Thanks a lot again.
                  Could you please me tell me what values to put on:
                  TwTr Command Delay
                  Write Recovery Time
                  Precharge Time
                  Row Cycle Time
                  RAS to RAS Delay

So, you're saying that I should as well put memory voltage to auto?

Comment

twTr is a bit picky.. Usually it's same/different rows. Your board only has one option you could try 5t but seen tRtW(s/d) delays as high as 8t.

tWR (write recover would be around 6-10t (on 1066Mhz try 10t, if you can 'some boards only goes up to 8t).
                    Precharge Time 5t
                    Row Cycle Time (tRC) would be 24t(but for now keep it above 42t)
                    Ras to RAS would be 5t(you can temporary add this to 6t)

Yeah 2.100v is just fine.

-----

But as I said you should now just try to POST it so from top: 6-6-6-18 on first CLs to try to POST on 2 sticks. We can lower them later as said in above message.

-----

Also you can easily see on your 'Auto' Settings on board that 'auto' actually puts in CL5-7-7-20 it won't be stable with that, but something just tells me it's not gonna be on same controller the 5-5-5-15 usual.
                    Last edited by genetix; 06-30-2009, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Well, I've tried putting them on slots 1&3 or 2&4 and 6-6-6-18 and it passes post but won't boot Vista.
                      Now I'm back at slots 1&2 and 5-5-5-15
                      I set the other parameters as you said, write recovery at 8 (won't let me go higher) and precharge at 3T (only has 2T/3T). Also tRC at 24T

How can I check them for stability, besides memtest+? Memtest+ (last time I runned it) completed with no errors.

Again genetix, thanks a lot

Comment

Well, I've tried putting them on slots 1&3 or 2&4 and 6-6-6-18 and it passes post but won't boot Vista.
                        Now I'm back at slots 1&2 and 5-5-5-15
                        I set the other parameters as you said, write recovery at 8 (won't let me go higher) and precharge at 3T (only has 2T/3T). Also tRC at 24T

How can I check them for stability, besides memtest+? Memtest+ (last time I runned it) completed with no errors.

Again genetix, thanks a lot
                        yeah, well tWR should be actually on 10 at these speeds. so that probably one causing errors. You don't need anything else than memtest86+. Since, if the memory passes tests 4,6 & 7(you can do quick check just test to like 20-30% / block I'd say that's enough per test) + on windows Linpack. should be just fine and well if the damn thing is indeed posting 5-5-5-15 on slots 1&2 hell with the controllers then. Precharge at 3 is quite damn low (unless I am simply misunderstanding what precharge means in this board since tPTP (Precharge to Precharge delay should be 1t).

So, little confused does it now reboot/POST clean on 5-5-5-15? on slots 1&2? and it boots to vista?

Comment

Yes, booting on slots 1&2 5-5-5-15 2.1V and other parameters set as above. But the main problem I was having is that Vista randomly BSOD or hangs... not all the time, but it even hanged while I was watching the desktop lol

Comment

Yes, booting on slots 1&2 5-5-5-15 2.1V and other parameters set as above. But the main problem I was having is that Vista randomly BSOD or hangs... not all the time, but it even hanged while I was watching the desktop lol
                            Yeah, that speaks of memory errors. Well, basically the test above I mentioned 4,6,7 on Memtest86+. When / if you get some the best way would be to hit them down adjust tWR, but you cannot. So, that will leave quite little option what to adjust on that case you need the RAS# to CAS# read/write delays at +1t what you got them. Perhaps tRC +1t to 25 and so on.

That should get rid of any errors there is.

hmm, here's Linpack v2.2 : http://downloads.guru3d.com/IntelBur...load-2047.html
                            (you only need standard test it'll still show, if errors, if no errors on MemTest then you have to look errors on somewhere else like Northbridge voltages, CPU or something like that. Anyway, higher voltages = higher temperatures and LinPacks quite nice on bad cooling in other words it'll truly burn things up, if something is wrong. Just saying for just in case..)
                            MemTest you seem to already got.

-edit-

People on OC forums seems to be using NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts on Northbridges. Probably won't hurt all in all that should be around 1.392-1.402v in real but check that anyway on something like everest wouldn't do no harm..
                            Last edited by genetix; 06-30-2009, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Hi again. Well, I left them on slots 1&2 with 5-5-5-15 2.1V and settings as mentioned above, but tRC=25 and runned 2 full memtest+ runs and no errors.
                              I have to say that when I originally installed them (1 week ago) I runned memtest+ and also haven't got any errors, but Vista BSOD sometimes.

I'll try Linpack later and report if Vista BSOD. It's been running fine for about 3 hours, although I wasn't doing anything but listening music.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X