No announcement yet.

ASrock Z77 Extreme4 - GS Ripjaws Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a big fan of liquid cooling and try and stay away from building with them, from what I've run into, there are a number of reasonable priced fan based heatsinks that do just as well or better in a non extreme setting. At the lower end the CoolerMaster 212 EVO is a great one ($35) the Zalman 9000 series is more mid to upper and then I lean towards Noctua on the higher end...Liquid helps keep the extreme higher end temps down a few degrees, but even with a 212 EVO and single fan I seldom go over 80F and I am often really pushing the system, i.e. bringing up Win8 in a VM and running BM programs in both 7 and 8 at the same time.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

New Observer Comments

Folks, Tradesmen/DonMilagro and others,

I have been studying this thread and wanted to thank you all for your the quality of info and details provided.

Recently I ordered a custom made pc and in hindsight realized that I am not particularly happy about Ram provided which prompted me to find the G.Skill product. Anyway, just wanted to jump in and say hello. I should receive my pc in mail on Thursday and begin setting it up.

I am trying to be careful to not derail this thread off topic. But it appears that my PC is equipped with same MB as this thread and I am interested in upgrading the Ram to F3-1866C8D-16GTX that was discussed in this thread. So it appears that this thread may be a good starting point to dial in some of the settings to tune PC for set up of the mem sticks that I referenced.

So for now I say hello and am very happy that I have found this G.Skill product and quality of forum. Will be checking back soon to offer specs and see where discussion goes.

Take Care all
      .....the new guy

Comment

From one Tman to another T-man, we'll be around, I've had this mobo since about the time it came out, and there's been BIOS problems here and there, but it's been great, I currently am running a 3570K on it at 4.7 and 32GB of the 2400 Tridents

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Welcome T-man, you'll find lots of quality help here with GSkill RAM and SSDs.
          (Boy, this will get confusing.)
          I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Comment

Sorry about Screen Name

Hey Guys,

thanks for the welcome. By the way tradesman, did not pick up till recently that you go by name tman as I had not seen tman in threads which I reviewed. Purely coincidence that I picked T-man. I actually sent administrator a note asking him if he could change my screen name to tonester. Perhaps you can now guess my first name.

Anyway, just setting up pc now / this weekend. I think I will see if I can fix my ac in this room before working the OC. I live in Hawaii so ambient air needs some improving in this room.

Take Care...

Comment

We can make that change, so keep in mind if the next time you try to sign on but can't, try tonester.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

No worries, as far as I'm concerned

Tman

Comment

Hi,

just wanted to leave feedback that I am running a steady and reliable 4.4 OC on the i5-3570 cpu with voltage at 1.272.

ASRock extreme 6
                  Thermaltake Case Chaser 41
                  Asetek Cooler labeld for Intel
                  etc. more to follow

Was wondering if you could point me to an ASRock download where I can keep track of system temps that can be viewed outside of the Bios. Essentially, looking for system moniter tool kit if available.

This is all I could find and does not seem that anything here is a good fit for system monitoring?
                  http://www.asrock.com/feature/index.asp

Thanks

Comment

Should have a utility program w/ the mobo - ASRock eXtreme Tuner - there's also a number of 3rd party apps like Core Temp

Tman

Comment

Tman,

thanks for the direction. I was able to find it in the downloads section related to that particualr motherboard instead of in the general rescources were I was looking.

Next, wish to keep an eye on the temps under load and also see about the fans.

Thanks Again...

Comment

HI,

ok. So in the interest in offering settings here you go:

Performance:
                        http://www.screencast.com/t/1mVFgXxip4Ed

Settings:
                        http://www.screencast.com/t/4d1Mm2Sb

Hardware:
                        http://www.screencast.com/t/zIaZjeV3EaH4

So as you can see I am using the voltage offset and also have Turbo boost enabled at +.02.

So I would appreciate any comments on how robust these settings are in support of [ TridentX ] F3-1866C8D-16GTX. I am not looking for any crazy OC on the ram. But would enjoy some improvement if possible.

My intent is to dial in everthing on CPU settings before doing anything elese. I am actually pleased with current settings but look forward to hearing what others may think?

Thanks..

Comment

The CPU configuration looks fine, now you just need to work on memory.

Manually input settings for the memory to achieve rated specifications.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Selection of Ram

GSkill Tech,

thank you for the confirming remarks on settings.

Ok, so now the next piece is the selection of Ram. I read in your forums that the Tridant is very well suited for the Ivy Bridge. It also appears that this is your performance line which I want.

I am reasonably confident that 16 gigs of ram is sufficient size for my needs. So it looks like the F3-1866C8D-16GTX is a very good fit for me on the size and performance for an i5-3570. Please confirm that is ram is suitable as high performance for this processor.

Last question for now: if for some crazy reason I wanted to add in another 16 gigs later is this possible to add in additional same sticks if necessary.

Thank You for all your time.

Comment

Gskill,
                              I see you have not updated my screen name. Ok, so we now have all rights reserved for T-man back to tman.

Thanks.

Comment

Oops on my last, not = now.

Comment

Working...
                                X